IGNORED

halloween

Skywagon

We had a great halloween...wifes favorite event.  The weather was about 72 degrees and clear.  We had 167 trick or treaters come to the door.  Wife goes all out.  I buy 50 big Hershey Bars every year to hand out to the ones who look the poorest and the rest get to pick from the miniatures in the bowl.  Kids came way before dark this year.  Here are a couple of pictures of kids, the candy I gave out, and some of the decorations the wife put out.

IMG_3911.JPG

IMG_3932.JPG

IMG_3934.JPG

IMG_3937.JPG

• Like 2

Good stuff.....happy stories are a good thing!

In the early 90's I had LOTS of little trick-or-treaters, but where I now live I haven't had one in 13 years.  

I wasn’t home but I guess we had four groups of kids. About twelve total. We usually give the big candy bars to the punk ass teens that try to squeeze in one more year of treats. Why? I was a punk ass teen once! :rofl:

• Like 2

I have never lived where we would get more than very few kids showing up. Most places...no kids. Like where I am now. Only house on the street and at the end so no one shows up. My wife and I would love to have them but there is MUCH better grabbing in Sienna than where I am.........

We had the most kids we've had in a while.  We had well over 100.  We had 750 pieces of candy and it is all gone.  They started long before dark.  Seems like big costumes were a thing this year.  Here are a couple of pictures at neighbor houses.

IMG_3934 (1).JPG

IMG_3932 (1).JPG

IMG_3931.JPG

It’s too bad when you have so much leftover candy. What to do? I know, I’ll bring it to the firehouse on Thursday. :yes: It’ll be gone by Thursday night. :classic_biggrin: The peanut m&m’s are going in my locker though! ;)

image.thumb.jpeg.dd813793df1a3a048641ceadea5d7a97.jpeg