IGNORED

Weaverville 2023??

Jim_B

Weaverville 2022 was abandoned after the death of the owner of the motel gathering site.  It is currently listed as re-opened

In previous years, we booked the weekend after Torrey, which met the weekend before Mem Day.

So . . .  potential dates in 2023:

1--Memorial Day weekend May 27/29

2--June 3/4

Thoughts from anyone?

• 2 months later...

Cool Beans, Nick.  I'll have time this weekend to set up schedule with Cam and figure best dates.  And BTW, we'll be in Seattle Madrona airbnb Mar 25-Apr 1.  We'll be in touch

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Riders, can we vote on dates for Weaverville 2023?  Two choices as I see it:

1--Memorial weekend, May 26-29,  or

2--Jun 2-5, the next weekend

Notes:

1--Torrey as usual is the weekend before Mem, May 19-21

2--We did Mem weekend in 2021;  traffic/crowds were not problems in this quiet corner of NorCal

3--Red Hill and 49er have good availability both weekends.  Red Hill has raised rates to $85 nite incl tax.  $49er is 73.50 incl tax.  49er is a bit nicer.  A bit.

Cheers,

Bill 

Just an idea but we could also consider Etna...

https://www.theetnamotel.com/

This place has 10 rooms which may or may not be sufficient for the group depending on who wants to go and what other activities are going on. 

As far as a date I think either one good work for me at least at the moment.

OK, we can consider Etna.  Minus [ to me ]:

--really small and getting smaller--700 people

--not as many nearby intersecting roads for rides and loops [ that I can find on the map ] compared to Weaverville.   Is Sawyer's Bar road paved?

Plus:

--4-5 restaurants--good  for a small town, though some maps show temporary closures

Re dates: If both work for you, I'm in favor of Memorial weekend.  Seems turnout was OK for Mem weekend  in 2021.

Sawers Bar is awesome (if you like the local paved goat trails) and Callahan is just down the road. But honestly I am ok with Weaverville also, whatever the group decides is fine both location and date wise.

Of course I have no idea what's going on up there given the recent California weather but I would hope by then they would have stuff open and/or repaired.

Very glad Weaverville has been raised from the ashes. My spring is already spoken for.  Hopefully this will happen again next year. Excellent riding in that part of the world. 

7 hours ago, Deadboy said:

Not in Weaverville, it is pretty remote and it only gets more remote when you leave town.

^^  Yep, uncrowded roads all around

• Thanks 1