IGNORED

Quintessential 1897 Motorcycle Touring Checklist

Rinkydink

Yep, just about as long as my list.  

That prayer book takes on a certain degree of relevance, with my riding ...err...ummm... "style". 🙄 🙈😁

(As for the "spare nuts" and "sperm oil", that raises certain, OTHER questions.) 🤯

20 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

"sperm oil", that raises certain, OTHER questions.) 🤯

Spermaceti (sperm oil) is/was used for lanterns,........learnt that reading "The Wreck of the Whaleship Essex" some years ago.

30 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Spermaceti (sperm oil) is/was used for lanterns,........learnt that reading "The Wreck of the Whaleship Essex" some years ago.

Yeah, I knew that, but then again, seeing the two on the same list, vis-a-vis the modern day was an "ahem" moment. 😏  Times (and vocabulary) change, no?

• Smile 1
9 hours ago, szurszewski said:

I always make sure to carry spare string and gold coins, as suggested by the list, and I suggest that’s all one really needs!

No, those have been replaced by duct tape and credit cards, but the loofah, flask and corkscrew are still relevant today!

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

Yeah, I knew that, but then again, seeing the two on the same list, vis-a-vis the modern day was an "ahem" moment. 😏  Times (and vocabulary) change, no?

Well,....if ye be in a joking mood,......add the vaseline and leather straps to your "ahem" list from above,.....somebody is prepping for a private time.

46 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Well,....if ye be in a joking mood,......add the vaseline and leather straps to your "ahem" list from above,.....somebody is prepping for a private time.

It's a long list.  Creative people could make it mean many things.  🤣