IGNORED

Shiftcam Horn

Skywagon

I heard the horn on the shiftcam's are much improved over the wetheads.  Can one of you that own a shiftcam answer?  I've bought and tried install multiple types of horns on my wethead and I really haven't found one that I like.  I don't want an airhorn  The wethead horn basically sucks going meep meep.  I even put a pair of old 1150 RT horns (they were awesome on my 1150) and the computer wouldn't drive them.  It would do about a half a beep and shut down the circuit.  If the shiftcam horns are satisfactory I'll try one of those.

Rinkydink sent me a horn that was one he had off his 17.  It is a bunch louder than the one on my 14.  I still haven't found one that rivals my old dual horn oil head, but this one is close.

• Like 1

Use a relay to power the horns you have installed.  The stock horn power and ground wires would energize the relay and power direct from the battery (with an inline fuse) would power the horns.

Frank

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
On 10/21/2022 at 10:40 PM, Skywagon said:

yep  my 04 horns would startle a semi.  I have a pair if anybody needs them.

I let my then-4-year-old granddaughter play with the turn signals on my '06 RT, facing the open garage doors. She tapped the horn button. She cried and ran away, my ears hurt and I woke the next morning with a tinnitus whine that has not stopped in ten years. 

These horns have always gotten the desired attention, but they are just regular automotive horns, so I don't really "get" the need for the Stebels, Soundbombs, Screamin' Banshees, etc. Farkle fanaticism, I guess.

Sometimes I wish I had a little meep-meep horn, as friendly greeting or goodbye, instead of this aggressive roar.

My late 04 II50RT and early 05 I200 both had the Cadillac horn but the 05 would over power the Canbus so it took awhile to reboot before you could use it again.

2 hours ago, lkraus said:

I let my then-4-year-old granddaughter play with the turn signals on my '06 RT, facing the open garage doors. She tapped the horn button. She cried and ran away, my ears hurt and I woke the next morning with a tinnitus whine that has not stopped in ten years. 

These horns have always gotten the desired attention, but they are just regular automotive horns, so I don't really "get" the need for the Stebels, Soundbombs, Screamin' Banshees, etc. Farkle fanaticism, I guess.

Sometimes I wish I had a little meep-meep horn, as friendly greeting or goodbye, instead of this aggressive roar.

My '06rt had a weak horn, hence why I went with the twin stebels.

On 10/27/2022 at 8:42 PM, Skywagon said:

Rinkydink sent me a horn that was one he had off his 17.  It is a bunch louder than the one on my 14.  I still haven't found one that rivals my old dual horn oil head, but this one is close.

This is the part # for that horn. It is cheap and plugs right up to the existing connector. No splicing.

997-635-205-04