IGNORED

hexhead or camhead

SANTA

so i am back to just a norton and f650gs single and am trying to decide, if i goto an RT do i get a hexhead or camhead?  would be 2009-2012 range, several are available within decent distance, the only really close stuff is 97-2001,

any suggestions?

Personally, I would get the newest and lowest mile bike within my budget.  That said, I'll be listing our pair of '07 Hexhead RTs soon.  One 90k miles, Blue, lowered.  The other Bronze, 100k miles.  IDK what's involved in importing them to Canada though, but they'll be cheap.

17 minutes ago, Twisties said:

Personally, I would get the newest and lowest mile bike within my budget.  That said, I'll be listing our pair of '07 Hexhead RTs soon.  One 90k miles, Blue, lowered.  The other Bronze, 100k miles.  IDK what's involved in importing them to Canada though, but they'll be cheap.

Jan, thats the problem with these uber expensive german machine,  i am now a pensioner, that means my budget can't afford the newest with the lowest mi, and for some reason i haven't warmed to the water cooled yet.  i think the camhead  is my preferred choice, but am finding hexhead in my budget.

you can message me regarding your forsale rt's

I really like my 2012 GS - I have not ridden much on the hexhead version of the motor, but enough to know I prefer the camhead. Either are good bikes though, so not really a bad choice either way.