IGNORED

Ouch the grips are burning my hands

Illini

Memorial day weekend saw some pretty high temps in the midwest, got up to 95 on Saturday/Sunday. Since my bike sat outside for a couple of hours I expected my seat and grips to be hot but when I took off on the bike and my hands started burning I started wondering why I'm even riding in such hot temps???? Then I happened to notice the two dots on my heated grip switch was visable dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Just a careful reminder keep an eye on your heated grip switch in the summer it gets effin' hot and it's not the sun eek.gif

As a side comment, I rode about 600 miles a few days ago with temps rarely getting out of the 40s. Using the heated grips on high with my Lee Parks PCi (Outlast Phase Change liner) gloves actually resulted in a mild burn to the palm of my hand. These grips are hot! (but also kept my hands toasty warm with temps in the 20s.)

I have not had the need to go to the double dot postion yet either - temps down to 40 f (5 c).

I have had them on by mistake though. It doesn't take long to let you know that something is not quite normal here ...

I have not had the need to go to the double dot postion yet either - temps down to 40 f (5 c).

I have had them on by mistake though. It doesn't take long to let you know that something is not quite normal here ...

heh heh... I'm currently on a POS (really beat up) F650cs that my dealer loaned me. I had only gotten about 5 miles from the dealer when I noticed that my palms were getting REALLY hot. As it turns out, the grips appear to be on the "stun" position and the switch is broken. I'm going to half to wear kitchen mits when it's time to take the CS back and pick up my GS.

Out riding with my wife Joyce last July on our brand new R1200RT when she started complaining about her seat being too warm. After assuring her several times it was her imagination I noticed (yup, you guessed it!!) the dash had a symbol I didn't recognize. While the ladies were in the store at a Rest Stop, my buddy & I figured it out and shut it off.

Discretion being the better part of valor, I neglected to mention this to Joyce. Sure enough, at the next stop my lovely bride let me know I was right, it was all in her head, the seat seemed just fine. That certainly didn't seem to be the right time to fully explain things so I let it go.

Over dinner that evening my friends wife spilled the beans. No amount of feigned increduality on my part that " I didn't tell you that??!! worked. The hot seat went from her to me.

For those of you who've been married a long time or have a long-term significant other, you already know the rest of the story. Gawd, did I ever pay. We still laugh about it.

Mike05

Archived