IGNORED

Installation of R1250RT Radio

hmeiseles

My 2021 RT came with the audio preparation package, and I am interested in having the radio installed.  Does anyone have any insight as to where the radio gets installed? Is there a challenge to do, or does this have to be done at the dealer? Pictures showing where the radio is installed would be great.

Thanks

Howard

Radio is just under the seat.  It would be easy to install.  Now whether it takes BMW mechanic to program it in the computer, that's another story.  And I don't know the answer to that one.

Another route is to go with a set of Sena helmet communicators.

Music from phone.

GPS Voice prompts.

Talk to your passenger without yelling or hand signals.

Take an important phone call.
Talk to people in your group if they have one.

It’s better IMO. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Another route is to go with a set of Sena helmet communicators.

Music from phone.

GPS Voice prompts.

Talk to your passenger without yelling or hand signals.

Take an important phone call.
Talk to people in your group if they have one.

It’s better IMO. 

+1 on Sena

• Like 1

What Tewks said.  I have the full BMW radio package.  Honestly, it sucks.  I have my SENA ( pick a brand doesn't matter) synced to my GPS and Phone.  I full function of the phone and gps through the SENA.  I listen to Pandora, NCAAF, Podcast, and fishing shows when riding.  The only thing that is missing is WX band....which I honestly have only turned on the BMW system to see if it works.

If you don't use a headset, and would prefer to use the speakers on the bike; understand after about 50mph you won't be able to hear them.  The BMW radio through the on-board speakers sounds really good, but speed limited due to wind and road noise.

• Like 1

JUst order the radio and install yourself.  Plug and play but you need to take to a Stealer in order to make it work.  It needs to be programmed to your bike.