IGNORED

Anyone know where the 2023 BMWRA National is going to be?

Ed,

How much rain did you get at the RA Rally?  I was in a Hotel room on Wednesday night in Roanoke and checked the weather, called for  6" of rain over three days.  I'm up for showers and even a day or so of moderate rain, but not that.  So I headed East Thursday morning and up the eastern shore going home.  When I checked in that afternoon in Milford DE, the rain forecast was down to only two or three hours on Saturday.

Hope a good time was had by all, that's a great region of the country for riding, I was looking forward to seeing it again. Well maybe next year.

I worked registration on Thursday afternoon along with a member of the RA Board.  Apparently the arrangements for next year's rally are not final, hence no announcement.

21 minutes ago, TestPilot said:

I worked registration on Thursday afternoon along with a member of the RA Board.  Apparently the arrangements for next year's rally are not final, hence no announcement.

Ahhhh .... OK ... thanks!   Guess that is why I could not find any info on it. 

3 hours ago, NewportCycle said:

Ed,

How much rain did you get at the RA Rally?  I was in a Hotel room on Wednesday night in Roanoke and checked the weather, called for  6" of rain over three days.  I'm up for showers and even a day or so of moderate rain, but not that.  So I headed East Thursday morning and up the eastern shore going home.  When I checked in that afternoon in Milford DE, the rain forecast was down to only two or three hours on Saturday.

Hope a good time was had by all, that's a great region of the country for riding, I was looking forward to seeing it again. Well maybe next year.

I was not able to make the RA Rally in Waynesville due to a conflict.    Had not heard that it was a wash out though. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2022 at 5:24 PM, Yeeha Stephen said:

Announced in the latest On The Level. 

Canaan Valley Resort near Davis WV. 

Sept 14-17 2023

Gee that location sounds familiar.  I wonder where they got the idea for it?  :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2
10 hours ago, BrianT said:

Gee that location sounds familiar.  I wonder where they got the idea for it?  :whistle:

Probably not from BMWST : ) there have been multiple rallies held there by RA, MOA, BMWBMW, and most likely others, it’s a great venue and location. I’ve just been to one, the RA National rally in ‘04, I remember because Hurricane Ivan chased me for two days getting there, socked us in for a couple more, then it was perfect weather riding back to Fla. except a lot of roads were closed in the mountains from washouts and big trees down. I rode around a barrier on the parkway and had it to myself for about a 50 mile section and US64 had an entire lane washed away between Cashiers and Highlands, it was pretty sketchy at night.

• Like 1

I have heard that the BWWST members were voted as the venue's Best Group Evah! or most favorite bunch, blah, blah, blah, or words to that effect.   :classic_biggrin: