IGNORED

Book: 50 Wild Motorcycle Tales

MichiganBob

Good Evening,

I'm not sure how I came across these but they are a collection of very short stories submitted to the author over many years. 50 Wild Motorcycle Tales: An Anthology of Motorcycle Stories and a second book, 50 More Motorcycle Tales. The editor is Walter F. Kern. The stories may be a little dated but I found many of them enjoyable, especially for an older guy who likes to reminisce a little. Also, I love the length of them which is about 2-3 pages. Perfect for nighttime bed reading when you only have enough energy for 5 minutes of reading before you start reading the same sentence over again 4 times. I found them on Amazon and were about 18 bucks for both with my Prime membership. They also have used and kindle availability. I'm through the first 25 and really liked 9 and 10 and the Sturgis story, It's good winter reading. Enjoy. Below is the Amazon blurb.

"This book is an anthology of motorcycle stories. These 50 stories were submitted to me over a 13-year period by a wide range of motorcyclists from all walks of life.

These authors tell their own personal stories of what happened to them as they rode their motorcycles.

Among these writers are a few professionals who made some of their works available to me early in their careers. They now have books of their own.

Some tales are very short, and some are very long. I've tried to mix them up. You may find the stories of some authors grouped together. Each tale was intensively edited to provide a good reader experience.

You'll find humor, risk-taking, adventures, poetry, rhyming verse, 2-up excursions, world travelers, stupid tricks on bikes, lessons learned, winter riding perils, hazards while riding, and stories told by returning riders.

I wrote five of these stories. Two of my stories relate my experiences on my motorcycle trips. Two stories are fictional children's stories that involve fantasy and motorcycles. The last story is a short fictional tale that describes an alternate world of motorcycles."

• Thanks 1