IGNORED

Help in adjusting rear shock.

TDubb

I’ve adjusted the rear shocks on my other bikes before with little effort. I  just tried to adjust the shock on my 2001 K12RS and it wouldn’t budge. I’m guessing it’s been years since it’s been adjusted. I only had a cheap universal spanner and used a wrench to give me leverage - no dice. I also bent the spanner.  Lol. 

Any suggestions?

Spray some lube on the threads and contact points between the spring and adjuster. Try and get the weight off the tire by jacking up the bike a bit, or have a friend lift up.

12 hours ago, TDubb said:

I’ve adjusted the rear shocks on my other bikes before with little effort. I  just tried to adjust the shock on my 2001 K12RS and it wouldn’t budge. I’m guessing it’s been years since it’s been adjusted. I only had a cheap universal spanner and used a wrench to give me leverage - no dice. I also bent the spanner.  Lol. 

Any suggestions?

Morning TDubb

The rear strut adjuster ring should have some ears sticking up from the top, between those ears there longish slots. 

Spray some penetrating oil into those slots between the ears THEN use a long aluminum or brass bar stock (about spanner notch size)  to reach in at an angle then use a hammer on that bar stock to lightly drive the adjust ring in one direction then the other direction. Do this a few times until you can get the adjuster ring to start moving. Or you can use a brass or aluminum round stock that one end has been ground to be square & fit the adjuster ring square holes. 

Once it moves a little then a standard strut adjusting spanner should be able to rotate it.