IGNORED

Tourmaster Horizon Line Trailbreak Gloves

waynerd

I had been riding with essentially leather work gloves for a number of years, mainly because I struggled to find a motorcycle specific glove that had the essential features I was looking for.  Tourmaster recently came out with their Horizon Line series and the Trailbreak glove caught my attention as possibly being that holy grail I’d been seeking.

I can’t say that I’ve tried every glove out there, but I have been quite pleased with these – the features I was looking for, and good fit/comfort.  My hands are probably an average profile, size 9.5, and the large fits great…like a glove you might say.

There is one negative that I’ve experienced, and it seems to be quite common, from some of the online product reviews I’ve read.  The zipper pull is not very durable, and since it takes a bit of force to zip up the gloves, especially when they are new, there’s a good likelihood it will break at some point.  With the gloves on, it's difficult to grab onto the remaing stub.  Tourmaster replaced the first set of gloves this happened with, but of course it happened again with the replacement pair.

Only because I have some good resources at work, and I otherwise really like these gloves, I came up with a zipper pull replacement fix that has held up very well.  I’ll offer this fix if anyone out there has had the same issue, or is thinking about getting a pair (know that there is a solution).  The side benefit is that this repair provides a slightly larger tab to grasp with your gloved fingers.  It looks like some of their other glove models employ this same type of zipper closure.

So overall, a great glove with one fatal flaw…that can be remedied.

Broken:

image.thumb.jpeg.cb6873eaa4ed855d0726157d363f7891.jpeg

Repaired (a waterjet replacement tab, three tiny rivets, and some shrink tubing):

image.thumb.jpeg.6273fa1e72f4f4a7fed90e97c5c2296c.jpeg

• Like 1