IGNORED

I got Covid...

Groanup

When I left home for Torrey on Wednesday, I was feeling fine.

Saturday evening, while in Torrey, I started with a scratchy throat. By Sunday morning, I knew it was something more than just a dry throat.

So when I got home Monday morning, I took a home covid test which came out positive. It has since been confirmed that I do indeed have it.

So... If you and I had any close contact over the weekend, and your throat starts getting scratchy, don't ignore it. The sore throat is among the worst I've ever experienced.

On the plus side, I'm already starting to feel better three days in. No more fever, and the throat is feeling better too. I have been vaccinated and boosted.

No clue where I picked it up, but I read that with the omicron variant, symptoms show up in only 3 days.

Everyone at home is fine, so It's just me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

So did I.  Suzie didn't catch it from me, so that means I only could have gotten it Sunday morning at breakfast.  I went back to Motel Torrey after breakfast. We were prepacked, so it was Roadcrafter On and Outta There.  Monday night I had the scratchy throat and by Tuesday I thought it was a full-blown head cold.  But a home test showed positive, followed by another positive the next day.  Several really sucky days, but I've turned the corner.  Today was actually pretty decent.  I'm testing in the A.M. to see if I'm still positive, and if not then by Wed/Thurs my quarantining will be over.

Could have come from anyone, including those damned hiker hippies and other non-riders who continue to crowd into the CW Deli while we're trying to eat!

• Sad 2
John Ranalletta

We got COVID a few months ago.  No biggie and recovered quickly except for Ruth's nagging cough that lingered.  Bigger issue was "when should we stop quarantining?".  Days and weeks post symptoms, the PCRs were +.  Ruth's doc said, "disregard those +'s, they might continue for a long time and you're not contagious".

Heal quickly.

• Like 1

Correct, those tests may be positive for weeks or longer after the symptoms end. Once symptoms end (other than the annoying lingering cough), no need to quarantine after 5 days (I think that's the new recommendation).

Interesting...

I've been feeling fine the last two days, and after 8 days, I have tested negative.

Now, to get that suspension sorted...

On 10/3/2022 at 10:00 AM, Groanup said:

Interesting...

I've been feeling fine the last two days, and after 8 days, I have tested negative.

Now, to get that suspension sorted...

So it seems that no one else in the SoCal contingent got the bug. Yay!  I think we were all vaxed and boosted which probably helped. I’m off to get my flu shot, as the Southern Hemisphere experienced an uptick this year. 

• Like 1

I'll probably get the booster soon, and the flu shot is pretty much mandatory at the hospitals I work in as a co tractor. I'll have to check into their health services to get them lined up.

Got the updated booster two weeks prior to the event.  No signs or symptoms, so suspect Sharon and I dodged the bullet.  

Thank you for letting us know.  

• Like 1