IGNORED

Didja see Jupiter?

Rougarou

When the moon is in the Seventh House And Jupiter aligns with Mars :whistle: Sorry that word association thing again. :ohboy:

I didn’t hear about that, we’ve got some overcast, so. :dontknow:  I didn’t know it was daughters day either and now, I feel like a loser even more so than normal. :dopeslap: :classic_biggrin:

It's big alright.  Mars must be jealous because tonight it's bigger and brighter than I can recall.  Maybe it's cause some of the wildfire smoke has cleared and we can see the night sky:clap: again.

23 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Yeah, they probably missed Haley's Comet about 20 years ago too, only 50 more to go to see it again.

I'm waiting for Hale-Bopp,......been looking at estate sales/auctions for some Nike Decades to wear ;)

Just hoping I can last another 2363 years

• Smile 1

Glad I seen this post. Took out my binoculars Monday and could see the three moons so clearly.  Then found my 12 power binoculars yesterday and could see 4 moons till one crossed in front of Jupiter. Not positive, but think I could see what amounted to the ring around it too. Very much enjoyed all that...

From last week. Astro-photographer I am not. Imagine the patience required to hold your smartphone in camera mode over a cheap telescope eyepiece...

Saturn is impressive right now too. The rings are awe inspiring if you have the equipment to see them.

20220919_213848.jpg

• Like 1

GOSKY Smartphone Adapter Mount Regular Size - Compatible with Binoculars, Monoculars, Spotting Scopes, Telescope, Microscopes - Fits almost all Smartphones on the Market - Record Nature and The World https://a.co/d/a8cz63Y

Makes it easier to take those pictures