IGNORED

Thank you.

Beaming

I was riding home from Winemucca, Nv a couple of days ago on my r1150rt. I have owned this bike for approx. six weeks. I had just come out of a rain squall and the road was wet. I noticed the bike felt different but it was handling ok. The road was straight and thought it due to the wet road. A group of six (I think) BMW riders came by slowed down and motined me to pull over. They were pointing at my rear tire. Long story short-the tire was flat.

These gentlemen plugged my tire and inflated it with there compressor. Unfortunately the did not hold long enough for me to get home

The real reason for this post is to extend my thanks to some really nice people. I have truly been impressed by all the BMW folks I have encountered. Thanks again.

Dave

Yeah I hate to sound prejudiced but it seems as if the best quality of human beings one meets throughout the course of time in the two wheeled community, tend to so often be popoulated by BMW riders. I say this after having owned many brands of bikes, not just Beemers.

On another note, man Winnemucca to Reno is almost as brutal and monotonous and boring a ride as Boise to Winnemucca! Unless you know of an alternate route?

I wouldn't be surprised at all that those folks hung out here.

You have found a great place with good people. thumbsup.gif

Welcome.

Lets_Play_Two
Yeah I hate to sound prejudiced but it seems as if the best quality of human beings one meets throughout the course of time in the two wheeled community, tend to so often be popoulated by BMW riders. I say this after having owned many brands of bikes, not just Beemers.

On another note, man Winnemucca to Reno is almost as brutal and monotonous and boring a ride as Boise to Winnemucca! Unless you know of an alternate route?

Read on....you might find that your prejudice is actually that!!

Just wondering if these 6 nice Beeemer riders could be the same 6 Harley riders on rented Beemers referred to in another post? wave.gif

Um, no, Reno to Winnemucca wins hands down. There are at least the moutain roads down into Boise!

On the note of the thread, I pulled over to see if a motorcyclist, on the side of the freeway was alright. He seemed offended when I asked if he needed assistance. He retorted, "NO!, I'm just resting."

WTF? Thanks for your post. I'll keep offering help on the chance someone really needs it. I got a flat tire once and two hours, numerous cars and motorcycles and not one offer to help. I always ask.

M

On the note of the thread, I pulled over to see if a motorcyclist, on the side of the freeway was alright. He seemed offended when I asked if he needed assistance. He retorted, "NO!, I'm just resting."

Well that's a rather unusual reaction. If someone stopped and asked if I needed help when I didn't need it, I'd still thank them anyway for being gracious enough to offer assistance. What's more, if he was just "resting", then stopping on the freeway is not the place to do that. Figuring that he was having trouble was a very reasonable assumption on your part.

Sooner or later this guy is going to find himself in need of some sort of road help, and if he has any conscience, he'll rethink his attitude.

Archived