IGNORED

My new very old '01 K12rs

Arjun

Just replaced the brake lines from stock to Spiegler's. Went for nice test ride (20 Miles) all good. On the way back stopped at Walmart to pick up some beers and some groceries. Bought everything put all of it in saddle bags, went to turn on the bike no response when pushing the button, tried it about two or three times, fourth time it started. Again on the road very happy and chilling, saw the reserve fuel light stopped at the gas station filled her up with premium fuel, and this time bike doesn't start at all, tried bump starting it no good. Tried jump starting it still no good. The battery is fully charged but it a 2019 battery. Everything turns on can hear the fuel pump turn on and stuff but nothing happens when I push the starter button. Not even a clicking noise. What do I need to do?     

I have the '00 K12RS.  Great bike.  Leaving in the morning on it for the FART in VA.

Check the sidestand switch, clutch switch, neutral switch, kill switch, and ignition (key) switch.  All of the handlebar switches need a shot of DE-OXit.  Do it before you need it.

It might be the starter relay.  See if it ckicks when you turn the key.  

What does your voltage show when you turn the ignition to "ON"??

Dirtrider will be along shortly to diagnose it for you.  DO whatever he says.

3 hours ago, Arjun said:

Just replaced the brake lines from stock to Spiegler's. Went for nice test ride (20 Miles) all good. On the way back stopped at Walmart to pick up some beers and some groceries. Bought everything put all of it in saddle bags, went to turn on the bike no response when pushing the button, tried it about two or three times, fourth time it started. Again on the road very happy and chilling, saw the reserve fuel light stopped at the gas station filled her up with premium fuel, and this time bike doesn't start at all, tried bump starting it no good. Tried jump starting it still no good. The battery is fully charged but it a 2019 battery. Everything turns on can hear the fuel pump turn on and stuff but nothing happens when I push the starter button. Not even a clicking noise. What do I need to do?     

Evening Arjun

Not really enough info to pin it down, is your neutral light ON with trans in neutral & key ON? 

Lowndes pretty well covered the basics.

It could be the starter module acting up (some electronics inside that module), or the starter button not sending a signal to the starter module.  

I know you said that things come on at key-on but did you check battery voltage WHEN you are pushing the starter button? Sometimes a battery can show good voltage (open circuit) but fall flat when the starter load is put on it. 

The voltage stays, the same when I push the button. The neutral light is ON, when I put the key in on position. I think something might be wrong with button because the bike does stay outside (college student). I will try what Lowndes said.