IGNORED

Considering a 2015 K1600 for $12,500

christianf

I currently own and love my r1150rt from 2004 but looking around for an upgrade. Tried a 2016 1250rt but didn’t really like the vibrations, granted I did not take it for a decent speed ride though.  
i also tried a concourse 1400 but I found it unsettling both with the ergonomics and the amount of power which scared me to be honest.  I think I am more of a ride to enjoy the scenery kind of guy but I just came down on an offer for a k1600 of 2015 for around $12,000. Just wandering if it is not also too sporty and also concerned about issues with overall longevity and maintenance costs. 
Should I go see it ?
I would love to go on long rides accros the country, my long time dream to go from NY to california

Since you have a BMW bike already you know the cost of maintaining these bikes. But I think all the K bikes are on different level altogether. I myself own a 01k12rs, it’s been 32days and around 3k miles, since I bought it. I have ridden a friends 2018 k16gtl the power band is really quite similar to my k12, but way more techy & equally as comfortable as my k12. But I am young and a big dude so these bikes fit me perfectly(I am 6’4 and around 270lbs and 22 years old). I didn’t feel like it was too powerful, that might be because I like the power of a super sport and the comfort of an ADV. But that’s  my POV on the bike or maybe it’s because I just love all K bikes. They have been my dream bikes since I rode the gen 2 busa and found out the these bikes aren’t meant for my body structure. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Arjun
Misspelled stuff

The K1600 is a great bike, extremely smooth and quiet. It is perfectly happy riding around town at low rpms or running flat out. It does have a lot of heat from rad it is across the front of the bike so heat comes straight back. It is not an easy bike to work on. It is a heavy bike.

The R has vibration, if you keep the revs over 3k not so bad but a small amount always present. I put heavier bar ends on mine which made a difference. The 1200 and 1250 have 2 radiators which dump the heat out to the side, similar to the K1200LT. It is easy to work on. If you are looking for a bike with 0 vibration this is not it.