IGNORED

Switch TFT speedometer to read kph

konacyclist

I’m visiting beautiful British Columbia and find myself in a bit of a dilemma. Speed limit signs in kilometers per hour! What to do, what to do? I checked my owners manual expecting to find a way to get the TFT display to read kph but I couldn’t find the answer. Can someone help?

38 minutes ago, konacyclist said:

I’m visiting beautiful British Columbia and find myself in a bit of a dilemma. Speed limit signs in kilometers per hour! What to do, what to do? I checked my owners manual expecting to find a way to get the TFT display to read kph but I couldn’t find the answer. Can someone help?

Afternoon konacyclist

That is a good question, supposedly there was a short period in the 2018 time frame that you could do that (I haven't seen it though)  but as far as I know on the earlier & later RT's it takes a dealer computer, GS-911, or possibly a Motoscan to make the change.

Are you running a GPS? If so those can usually be swapped/changed to KM's.  

I have used the gps work around before when I was running a Garmin Zumo XT. On this trip I am relying on the BMW Connected navigation.along with the TFT screen.. So far, so good! I just wish I could have the TFT speedo read out kph.

I have good news about this question of mine. While driving around British Columbia and doing the necessary corrections in my head between mph and kph, I began to notice a strong correlation between the mph figure I was coming up with and the speed limit number that shows up in the square white box on the TFT. The TFT was providing the correct mph speed to observe in most situations. I can’t say for certain if it’s the BMW Connected application that is providing the mpg/kph conversion for the TFT but I don’t see any other way for the bike to be aware of it’s location without a phone providing that information. Pretty cool 😎 I thought you should know.