IGNORED

My new very old '01 K12rs

Arjun

Hi! All 

I just bought a new-used 01 K12rs (Plain Old ABS, cant hear anything turn on when the ignition is switched on and also Brembo stamped brake calipers) , bought it from Woodstock, IL and I rode back home Montgomery, AL, long long ride but it was brilliant on this new thing for me. No, issues on the road, it rode perfectly. Zero issues for two weeks, after bringing it back. 

I asked the dealership guys to put new engine oil and oil filter, basically they gave me decent a bike. The only three things they didn't they change were front brake pads, brake oil and the final drive oil. Therefore, I changed the final drive oil, I even tried to change the brake pads. Bought the wrong brake pads using O'Riley's parts catalog, since now this is only mode of transportation I put the almost worn down pads instead to able to do my grocery runs and stuff. (21 year old (sophomore) college student with a 21 year flying brick #brokelife) 

When I had put the old brake pads in, I obviously cleaned the pistons and the caliper, first with a dry cloth and then with a brake parts cleaner. Then I pushed the pistons in, just for satisfaction. Pumped the brake lever a few times, started getting the brake back. Turned on the bike to go for test ride, and immediately no pressure at all. Saw the front brake hose that goes into the pipe bracket, it leaked around 20 MLS of brake liquid on the caliper, immediately cleaned the drips with soaking cloth. 

Now I haven't even touched the bike for like 4 days because I cant get the brake reservoir open and I don't want to strip the screws, waiting for the impact driver to show up in the mail. Since then now the clutch which was perfect for me has no pressure it, I can literally pull it with just my pinky finger. 

Now my question is what do I need to do and buy to fix all these issues? 

Saying thank you to everyone in advance cause the minute everything seems to be running fine, I am running away for a weekend. Mid terms coming in like 20 days, need a weekend off before that. 

Edited by Arjun
Forgot to mention that its the Plain ABS MODEL

All the old rubber brake hoses, fuel lines will probably need to be replaced, aging out. You can get stainless brake hoses now. If you replace fuel lines make sure you use proper high pressure hose.

• Plus 1 1