IGNORED

Garmin Navigator V Battery

Skywagon

I need a new one.  Mine isn't holding charge very long.  I've searched everything I can on Garmin site and google.  No luck.  Anybody got a source?

Battery part number is garmin 361-00063-00

I see some for Nuvi that might fit but they are rated very differently.  Mine is rated 7.4V 920 mAH    Everything I see on Nuvi is 3.7V

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

I need a new one.  Mine isn't holding charge very long.  I've searched everything I can on Garmin site and google.  No luck.  Anybody got a source?

Battery part number is garmin 361-00063-00

I see some for Nuvi that might fit but they are rated very differently.  Mine is rated 7.4V 920 mAH    Everything I see on Nuvi is 3.7V

Thanks.

Afternoon David

That looks to be a difficult to find battery at the moment,  found a few on-line but all are out of stock. The only one that I found (supposedly in stock) was $225.00. 

Just a thought, some of my local battery shops (like the old battery mart)  have generic cells in stock & a proper spot welder to replace internal battery's in some of those battery packs (might be worth taking your battery in to see what they can do for you). 

Thanks DR... I checked Battery Mart for stock and no joy. They have a lot of garmin like batteries, but not this one.  I'll take it in as you suggest and see what they think they can do with it.  

Update....I wrote Garmin 10 minutes ago.  The wrote back and started an order.  New one is $25.50.  Wow...I'm pleased and shocked.

I gave up on Zumo batteries.  The one that came with my used 590 was only good for about twenty minutes of use. The non-Garmin replacement was only good for about thirty minutes and after a year or so was down to about 15 minutes. So I bought another one direct from Garmin (~$30) and it is no better.  I even tried removing the battery completely, and it still goes completely dead within a couple weeks.  There is a circuit board in the battery pack which I can only assume uses some power all the time.

The GPS works fine in the mount, or plugged into another power supply. The battery lasts long enough to keep it running at a gas stop and for some route review and changes off the bike. I make sure to charge before use if it sits unused for a few weeks.  I think that's as good as it gets.

RandyShields
1 hour ago, Skywagon said:

The wrote back and started an order.  New one is $25.50.  Wow...I'm pleased and shocked.

I could use a new one also. Did they provide any order/part number info?

Thanks.

Garmin has stoopid good customer service.

In Iraq, I purchased two Rino 120's from troops that no longer wanted them.  I bought them used.

When I got back to Okinawa and started cycling (peddle power) everywhere, I'd use a Rino as my GPS (took forever to find Okinawa map data in 2005-2007).

Anyway, when I'd go over some roughage stuff, the little GPS would die.  Both did the same.

I queried Garmin's customer service and they said to send them back.  This was a year after I had them and I don't know how long the troops I bought them from had them.

I explained to Garmin that I bought them used, they said send anyway.

The package I receive had two brand new Rino 120's

Awesome customer service.

RandyShields

Well, I scoured the Garmin website and they don't include this battery.  I called and they sent me an email with prepopulated product information and a link to order one.  Interestingly, they said they don't include it on the website because they limit the number a person can buy to 1.  I guess they don't want the resellers out there to buy a lot of them and resell them for the $75 I've seen for these on eBay.

Randy...well that explains why you can't find them.  I gave them the battery model number and my serial number.  I sure hope they send the right one with 7.4V versus the 3.4V ones.  I have 7 registered devices with Garmin so I guess that made it easy to help me out.

Did you see DR tried to help.  He found someone selling for $225....crazy.

RandyShields
31 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

I sure hope they send the right one

I did not provide the model number -- just that I needed a replacement for the Nav V.  When the prepopulated product info came in their email, it had the same model number that you shared with me, so I see that as a good sign we will receive the correct one.  

All my garmin GPS with removable batteries have been of poor quality from the factory. They don't last long and don't give you a reasonable amount of  time running off the cradle. I thought of replacing them but I'm always running them in the cradle. I decided against replacing one bad performing  battery with another. Now if you run your GPS off the cradle quite a bit then you will eventually need a replacement.  Good luck. Supply these days are challenging. 

I was a sucker I guess because I did not think to ask Garmin earlier this year.  I purchased one for my Nav5 on eBay for about $60 as I recall. $25 would have been nice.

3 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Randy… new battery arrived today. It is the correct 7.4v

Mine too.  Charged it up and now hope not to have the unit running out of juice sitting around -- even when it is off.

2 hours ago, walton66 said:

I was a sucker I guess because I did not think to ask Garmin earlier this year.  I purchased one for my Nav5 on eBay for about $60 as I recall. $25 would have been nice.

Glad for the head's up from Skywagon!