IGNORED

H7 headlights Fire Hawk type

tacoosh

I am considering installing some Fire Hawk lights in a 2011 r1200rt

Will they work electrically with the Can Buss

Will they get too hot.

Will they physically fit into the space.

Anyone with experience with these bulbs?

Thanks Paul

Welcome to the forum.  Suggest you update your profile with location, bike/bikes ridden, etc., so folks can get to know you.

I had no CANBUS problems installing the Firehawk H7 LED into my 2018 Wethead RT, other than the install itself.  My write up illustrates the issues.  I believe that the dash and headlight caps are different from the camhead's to the wetheads, so your install won't be identical.  Physically, it was a cramped install, and required me to use their provided pigtail, as the OEM headlight plug behind the LED's heatsink and fan, pushed out too far to the rear (and the plug on the Firehawk installed sideways, not to the rear as with the OEM H7's).  It's not an uncommon problem.

I was pretty concerned about heat as well.  The manufacturer said that their LED's were tested to 300F (if I recall correctly), i.e. they are cooler than the OEM halogens.   I know that LED's in general run cooler.  So, that pretty much allayed my concerns, and they haven't melted anything yet.     

8 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

they haven't melted anything yet.     

Hard to melt anything when they're turned off and in the garage!!:3:

3 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Hard to melt anything when they're turned off and in the garage!!:3:

You son-of-a-b....  

Uh, nevermind.  You're right.  🙃😁😛

Well, kinda right.  I have rotated my Beemer in my garage, several times, to different locations.  Does that count as "a ride"?  😁  

She has a name, now.  Affectionally known as "Garage Queen".  (Yeah, I fully expect her to toss me to the ground in the first corner I take, out of sheer retribution.)

But, hey, I haven't seen any new ride reports comin' outta hot and sweaty Mobile, Alabama.  Hmmmm?  Legend in our own mind, are we?! 

(If there are no pictures, it DEFINITELY did NOT happen!)  🤣🤣🤣

🍻

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

hot and sweaty Mobile, Alabama

I have been running around doin errands when I can.... but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't some sweat involved.:ohboy: 

• Smile 1