IGNORED

Tourmaster Horizon Line Trailbreak Glove Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

Tourmaster Horizon Line Trailbreak Glove intro

Tourmaster’s Horizon Line Trailbreak Gloves are a pretty straightforward concept, a full leather, mid-cuff glove with modern design and materials but available at a reasonable price. Starting with a base of supple goatskin with reinforcement overlays on the palm and pinkie seams, the gloves also sport Superfabric palm sliders, carbon-fiber knuckle protectors, and touchscreen-compatible tips on the index and thumb.

Goatskin is one of my favorite glove materials because it breaks in quickly and offers excellent control.  The Trailbreak gloves are no exception; between the goat leather and pre-curved shape, it only took a couple of rides for my hands to feel right at home.

Between the non-perforated leather and tricot lining, these gloves are most comfortable for me between 45–75°F, ideal for cooler autumn or spring days, but a little too stuffy for the humid mid-Atlantic summers. As these gloves are likely to be worn on shorter days of the year, or at night, a little reflective piping or trim would be a valuable addition for rider safety.

As for the fit: I’m usually a medium or large; in this case, large fits me just right. The carbon knuckle protector is surprisingly wide and roomy. I’ve worn other gloves with protectors sized just a little too narrow or shallow causing uncomfortable pressure on my knuckles. The Touratechs fit me very nicely.

Pulling on and adjusting the gloves is easy, thanks to the zippered gusset on the back of the hand and Velcro strap inside the wrist. This arrangement is easily my favorite recent glove trend as it allows for a set-and-forget adjustment to ensure consistent fit. However, I wish these gloves had a pull loop; this feature is becoming more common, and it’s very handy on some other gloves I own.

The Trailbreak Gloves provide great feel and fit. They back up their functionality with modern materials and design to rival more expensive gloves while giving up very little to deliver a solid product at a reasonable price.

Horizon Line Trailbreak Glove 1

HelmetHouse.com

MSRP: $69.99

PROS:

• Goatskin has great feel and a quick break in
  • High end materials and modern design
  • Roomy knuckle protector
  • Good value

CONS:

• Limited seasonality
  • No pull loop for ease of entry
  • No reflective materials