IGNORED

Can't hear navigation through bluetooth

dezeinstein

Greetings, all. I've had a '22 RT since March of this year, and love the bike. Have had no issues with the navigation staying connected to my iPhone 12 Pro, although the wireless charging isn't consistent with my case, so I have it plugged in with a 90 degree lightning connector and it's been fine.

I don't have any comm system, but I have my AirPods connected to the bike via bluetooth, and I've never been able to hear turn by turn navigation directions through the AirPods, even though it shows they are connected to the bike and the volume slider shows the volume increasing and decreasing. Had the bike in for a oil change recently and the dealer was no help - just said something about connecting things in the correct order.

Any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong, or if there is an issue with the TFT? About to take a long trip to parts unknown, and would really like to hear the nav, if possible.

Thanks,
David

Are the Airpods paired to the phone as well as the bike? That could be the first point of issues. The system gets confused as to where to send the sound. With most other intercom systems you must only pair the headset to the bike  but not to the phone to avoid such issues. I don't use Airpods with my iPhome 12 P/M so never tried to see if they can exist only paired to something other then an iPhone.

The other area of known issues can be how Apple handles the various volumes. Usually you cannot see/get to those sliders unless they are in use. What you could try is set a route and start it on the Connected app. Go to the navigation screen on the TFT and select the "repeat last guidance". While the instruction is repeated, have your phone ready to increase volume. That should give you access to the app's own volume.

Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion - the AirPods are only connected to the bike - they've never been connected to the phone so they won't automatically connect.

I will try to phone's volume as that could be the reason for not hearing it, despite the high volume setting on the bike.

17 hours ago, dezeinstein said:

Sorry but want to check, did you look at the aap?  Under Navigation settings it has an option to turn on/off spoken instructions via Bluetooth.  You' ll find this by selecting the 3 dots at the bottom of the app. 

On 8/11/2022 at 1:37 PM, Hati said:

Are the Airpods paired to the phone as well as the bike? That could be the first point of issues. The system gets confused as to where to send the sound. With most other intercom systems you must only pair the headset to the bike  but not to the phone to avoid such issues. I don't use Airpods with my iPhome 12 P/M so never tried to see if they can exist only paired to something other then an iPhone.

The other area of known issues can be how Apple handles the various volumes. Usually you cannot see/get to those sliders unless they are in use. What you could try is set a route and start it on the Connected app. Go to the navigation screen on the TFT and select the "repeat last guidance". While the instruction is repeated, have your phone ready to increase volume. That should give you access to the app's own volume.

Good luck.

It was the volume on the phone which was set to zero. Thanks so much! Ready for my trip now.

• Like 1