better lighting project

brennaman

I am in the process of putting better lighting on the bike for seeing better and being seen better. For the front I am installing PIAA lights. I have seen enough bikes with these on them, that I am sure I will be happy with them at night, and during the day leaving them on so cars will see me better, so I am happy with the front side. I had a kisan signal minder, but mine must have had problems, no matter which time delay I used to automaticly turn off my blinkers, it was very erratic, and would sometimes stay on for 1 sec., 10 sec., or 20 sec., etc... . I also did not like my blinkers on my dash on all of the time. So I bought some dual element sockets for my rear blinkers for permanant running light in the rear. Now after all of that, I would like something better for my break light. I have not seen enough of the different types, (hyperlights, led replacement bulbs,,,)on bikes at night to give me an idea as to what to buy. What I would like to know is what have you seen on a bike that really caught your attention, or have on your bike that someone has told you really caught thier attention. I just bought the reflective bag kit, so that should really help my visibility from behind at night pretty well. Thanks, and sorry it is so long, Phil

I am doing some of the same things. I wanted to know about anyones experance with kisan tail minder. Thanks

I have a kisan signal minder, that is what had a mind of its own. Everyone else that has one likes it, so I just got a bad one, so don't let me influence you. I really don't like the turn sig. indicator lights on the dash on all of the time, which is what you have to put up with with the kisan if you want to use it as running lights. Phil

PhysicsWinz

On my R1150R I am using the Kisan signalminder and the BRAKE ! LED brake light.

Both are working fine and I think the make the bike much more conspicuous.

I have the Kisan tied in to the brake light circuit.

John

I just installed the PIAA 1100X onto the front of the RT and they do make a huge difference in night lighting. I too have the BRAKE!!! in the rear and it has been flawless. I don't have the turn signal thingy, but did wire the PIAA's into the turn signal cancel button per the AUTOSWITCH and it is nice not to have another switch on the dash to mess with.

I put an easternbeaver.com headlamp relay wiring kit on my '98 RT. Together with an upgraded bulb, it is a vast improvement. Cheapest but great upgrade for driving lamps (in my opinion) is to get Hella FF50 driving lamps and mount them on EMP brackets. I stayed with the original wattage bulb as I was afraid of burning anything, but one night when we discussed it on the board, 10 people or so said that they were running high watt bulbs (like 100 watt) without any problems. At the BMW shop today, i saw a $125 led flashing brake light upgrade from some Canadian company- they had a working model of it on the parts desk- pretty bright and flashes rapidly when you hit the brakes.

I have a kisan signal minder, that is what had a mind of its own.
In my experience, Kisan has excellent after-sales service. I'll bet if you emailed or called them, they would fix or replace your unit without question.

In my experience, Kisan has excellent after-sales service. I'll bet if you emailed or called them, they would fix or replace your unit without question.

Yes I have hear that they do, but I bought it mostly for the idea of using it for running lights, but I really do not like my blinker indicators on the dash on all of the time. Even on the lower setting it is just irritating. So that is why I just bought dual filament sockets and have full time running lights that way. Thanks

Archived