IGNORED

Motorola Razr phone and AutoCom

Tom02RT

Hello fellow sport-tourers ...

I need your assistance.

Recently I went from an old cell phone with the 2.5mm jack to the Motorola Razr which has a mini usb jack. Now I need to find a converter in order to plug into the AutoCom system. I've tried searching the internet and obviously I don't know how to do searches well as I can't find what I need.

What would be ideal is a mini usb on one end and a 3.5 mm male jack on the other. That way I could plug this directly into the autocom. But I suppose a mini usb on one end and female 2.5mm would work as I could use the AutoCom cable and plug that into the female 2.5mm.

What have you all done? Thanks in advance.

I've talked with a few folks who have advised the mini usb port is an input for charging only. Since the Razr is bluetooth enabled it does not have an output for headphones.

check with autocom to see if they have a bluetooth hookup for your phone

beemerman2k

I have the same phone. The same mini-USB port for charging is also an output port for headsets that support the mini-USB connector like the one that comes with the phone. It would have been nice if they'd given the phone 2 such jacks, that way you can talk on the phone while it's being charged.

Since your phone is bluetooth capable, I'd suggest you get a Motorola HF800 bluetooth speaker. It has an external headset jack that you can plug into the Autocomm. It will ring through the headset and can dial out using voice dial. I got mine on eBay for about $20. It is also nice in that I can always keep my phone in my pocket and not physically attached to the bike.

raiden1612

I use the motorola hf820 with my Razr. Rings in the helmet. only issue is water and I carry a ziploc for that. I used the supplied music lead to connect it to my autocom. I took the belt clip off and attached the holder with a ziptie to the handle bar. Just remeber to take it off the bike when out of view.

Al- I just did this! Unfortunately, I cannot get enough audio volume to hear the phone thru the headset jack in the HF820. Have you heard of any solutions?? Am running Pro-7 with 56 (black box) splitting phone and a 58(red box) that brings in the GPS and Radar Detector....Sure would like a solution before I take off on a Saddlesore in about 2 weeks. Everything works perfectly except the volume. I have adjusted everything I can up with less than good results.

Any Ideas Al? or anyone?

steveknapp

I've talked with a few folks who have advised the mini usb port is an input for charging only.

They are wrong. The port can carry power, data, headset audio, and stereo audio.

It would have been nice if they'd given the phone 2 such jacks, that way you can talk on the phone while it's being charged.

No room! smile.gif

Tom,

Hello, good question. TopGear makes a Razor phone connection cable. Your local dealer should have one in stock. If they do not they can order one for you. They are $49.99 or if you have a wired headset that you are not using. You can send it in and have one made. This should save you a little money but it will take longer to get(shipping back and forth).

Al- I just did this! Unfortunately, I cannot get enough audio volume to hear the phone thru the headset jack in the HF820.

I'm running my HF800 through the gray connector on my Autocom Active 7. I haven't had any problems with the volume but then I use custom molded earplug speakers.

steveknapp

Actually, does anyone have an auto-answer phone they recommend that has a broadband capability?

Define broadband capability?

The folks who have V3Cs are happy with em, same for the V810. Both are EVDO. Not sure if verizon allows you to use em as modems.

I could check on the auto-answer feature if you're interested.

Archived