IGNORED

Lawrenceville Police Department debuts new BMW motorcycles (replacing the HD's)

Lowndes

Just browsing the bikes on CL, I saw a comment at the bottom of a description of a very nice little beemer that caught my attention.  Like I need another one.

CL ad here:  https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/d/atlanta-2016-bmw-r1200r-lc/7494799606.html

The comment referred to this article about one of the Atlanta suburb cities (Lawrenceville) going from HD to BMW and the reasons why.  One of the reasons was heat from the HD engine.  There was also a longer term cost eval.

Couple of weeks ago I was standing in line at CG to buy a tire and a guy at the front was talking long and loud about his recent experience on his "beautiful" HD whatever model that he rode to NEW YOUR CITY.  Said they didn't account for their arrival time being rush hour in Gotham.  They got stuck in traffic and the HD got HOT!! SO HOT that the brass eyelets on his lace up boots left blisters on his legs, but "it did NOT hurt the bike".  ok.  

Anyway, shortcut to the article:  https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/local/lawrenceville-police-department-debuts-new-bmw-motorcycles/article_e4b31a5c-6208-11e9-a6f6-0fa8679c3552.html

image.thumb.png.dc7964f5e2dd06ac769c4db346df6047.png

• Like 4

Hopefully, they will be on some Shift Cam power by now.   :bike:

On a side note, the Duluth PD use Can Am Spyders.  :dontknow:   I have been meaning to stop by and ask them why they chose a 3 wheeler to use along with using their two wheeled motor units, which are HD.  For the record, this query will be done on my own accord and not during any performance awards contest.   Just sayin'

11 hours ago, Lowndes said:

Lawrenceville) going from HD to BMW

I sure hope they give their guys plenty of update training re: performance differences.........don't want anybody hurt (or worse). Huge step up that will require some "acclimation rides". And I volunteer to assist:5210:

• Like 3