IGNORED

SOLD - FS 1995 R1100RS

Rarebird13

As titled, selling my blue 1995 R110RS w/ 21,000 miles (being ridden regularly, so mileage will increase)

Originally an RS with "low" fairing, prefer the "cafe racer" look so replaced with half fairing. Have original lowers in box, great condition except for slightly baked mid pieces(still useable).

BarBax, Throttlemeister, OE heated grips, Grip Buddies

Antigravity Lithium Battery, new in 2021

Corbin Rumble seat (flip up passenger backrest)

All fluids have been changed

Throttles synced

Chain Tensioner upgrade done 

ABS II Wiring Mod done

Wunderlich Oil Cap

Iridium Spark Plugs new in 2021

Alternator belt new in 2021

BMW Dealership replaced clutch and Metzler tires at 13k for previous owner (have receipts)

Tires are in great shape, just a couple years old

New Braided Brake Lines, have not installed

Bike is really nice, still ridden regularly. Too many bikes/ cars, too little garage space. Located in Painesville, OH, NE of Cleveland

$4200/ offer

20200817_124858-01-01-03.jpeg

IMG_20210313_151809_812.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok, so I'm reaching out to my BMW friends here- Am I asking too much?

I've been buying, fixing, riding and selling for decades. I do this for fun, not profit, so I always sell just to cover what i've got in the bike. I figure I've gotten my fun out of the ride, now it's time for the next person to enjoy! I don't think I've ever advertised a bike for more than 2 weeks before it sold. This R1100RS, however...

I've had dozens of questions from my ad on FB, several from CycleTrader- then the conversation just ends...  Are older BMWs just too "niche"? Am I asking too much? 

Thanks all!

On 8/19/2022 at 3:15 PM, Rarebird13 said:

ok, so I'm reaching out to my BMW friends here- Am I asking too much?

I've had dozens of questions from my ad on FB, several from CycleTrader- then the conversation just ends...  Are older BMWs just too "niche"? Am I asking too much? 

Thanks all!

Couple things.. older sport touring bikes are just that, old, there’s plenty of newer stuff (lighter, faster, better handling) out there for not a lot more. It’s like the ST1100, both were great bikes in their day but time has passed them by although the RS is def cooler and better looking. But, there’s probably someone out there that’ll appreciate what it is and buy it, just takes awhile to find them or them you. And this is likely not the best audience for it, most here lean toward the newer stuff but obviously not all. Price seems reasonable considering the miles and condition, I had a 96 for years and really enjoyed it. Which reminds me, painting that scratched lid and right fairing panel would probably help sell it too even with a higher price, a lot of people don't want to mess with stuff like that and view it as a deal breaker, they just want to get on and ride. 

if it was a GS with only 21k it would be gone tomorrow, that’s just a much bigger niche these days. Also, when I put a car or bike in an ad I try to get them to call, not only does it alleviate some scams, it gets a prospect more involved on a personal level and eliminates the endless banter/requests by email and text usually from people that had no intention of buying anyway, Not always the case but IMO seems to occur more often than not.

But, from a collector’s standpoint, I think the market will begin to appreciate a nice low mile example of that bike but it’s still a ways off. It’s definitely a classic in the making but sometimes these things take awhile, you have to look at the previous generation version, it will slowly follow that trend then all of a sudden one day it’ll  go for double what it was. Predicting when that happens is always the hard part.

• Like 2

Thanks for the insight- much appreciated!

As a side note, there are no scratches on the panels, nearly flawless. It's trick of light/reflection, might need change out the photo.  The "shiny"  bags do have scuffs, not scratches, though- not an issue I choose to deal with again as they scuff as fast as I rub them out! 

Thanks again for taking the time to answer

-mike

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...