IGNORED

Sargent seat for R1200RT 2012

legarem

Hello

I have a R1200RT with a BMW comfort seat. My butt can't tolerate this seat more than an hour. Even if the name of the BMW seat is comfort, I heard that this seat is worse than the normal seat. Someone offer me a Sargent for a R1200RT 2007. It seems that 2007 and 2012 seats are the same. Are Sargent seats a good choice to replace the BMW comfort seat ? Thanks.

I have mixed feelings about the Sargent on my 2005, which I think is the same design as a 2007, not as shure about the 2012.  It is a standard version, which seems to raise your sitting position slightly and seems to make it a little longer reach to the ground, just enough to be noticeable.  I think that is in part due to the saddle extending under the legs just a bit so they don't want to angle down as easy.  Other item I am beginning to notice, it seems to push my leg position a bit wider between the legs up by the tank, I have to force myself to relax and not squeeze my legs in.  Again, just noticeable after riding for a couple of hours.  I like the saddle and the slight raise in riding height improves the knee angles slightly.  I did a slight adjustment on the shift lever for the change in angle of my feet on the pegs.

The reason I bought one: I am on the heavy side and I like the firmness of the seat, but some don't.  I also needed to do something,  about a year ago, my stock seat cover developed about an inch long cut, likely from jeans with the rivets from my rides to work.

I have Sargent seat(s) on my 2011 and like the firmness. It helps to prolong rides between water breaks and I don't get hot spots as fast as the stock seat.

On the work "P" model, we were getting on and off enough throughout the day :read: that the stock seat was fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a ton to compare to, as my the saddle that came with my bike was a low saddle, which definitely didn't work with my height. I bought a (heated) Sargent saddle new, and it was worth every penny. I've done some long trips with the bike, and the saddle was the least of my concerns.

• Like 1