IGNORED

Tablet/Map holder for smaller tank bags

Ron-M

I have the SW-Motech Daypack mounted on my 1250RT.  There have been times when I wished I had a map holder mounted on the top of the bag, as do the larger tank bags, for a small map or for directions that have been jotted down, but I could not find something small enough that would fit on top of the bag.  I finally found that SW-Motech has come up with two options for their smaller bags.  One is a tablet-sized option, which is pictured in the attachments, and the other is a smartphone-sized option.  The smartphone size I thought would be too small so I opted for the tablet size.  I wish it were just a little smaller, but it works well.  It attaches through the hooks in the front of the bag and by velcro on the rear of the bag.  Very easy on and off.  It also flips up to allow access to the tank bag without having to remove it from the bag to gain access.  Very well made, waterproof and affordable at around $30, including tax.  Although I have taken it out for a test ride, I have not had the opportunity to use it on a trip yet.  It is not something I want to have on the bag at all times, but it allows me the option of having one when needed.  

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

• Like 1

I put my iphone in the hot pocket on the stock r1200rt tank bag,....minutes later, in the direct sun, iphone said, "i'm too hot to play",....so just watch it when putting your electronics in those plastic bags, they kinda hold/magnify the heat really well.

• Plus 1 1
RandyShields
9 hours ago, Rougarou said:

I put my iphone in the hot pocket on the stock r1200rt tank bag,....minutes later, in the direct sun, iphone said, "i'm too hot to play",.

They can even give you an overheated warning when mounted in a cradle outside a bag.  That happened to me for the first time in the 90+ heat at the MOA Rally in Springfield, MO.  

• Plus 1 1

That is a good point about electronics being placed in this holder.  I can see how it could easily get overheated. 

Even turned off, my phone and GPS get really hot just sitting in the sun.  They need air flow and shade. 

When I stop for gas or lunch I put my gloves over them to shade and hide 'em.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, RandyShields said:

They can even give you an overheated warning when mounted in a cradle outside a bag.  That happened to me for the first time in the 90+ heat at the MOA Rally in Springfield, MO.  

Yep, it does and has happened to me as well, but with much less frequency than in the plastic.  It only took a few minutes of riding when the phone said "no way" vs being mounted in the cradle.

Brodiepunker18

I just got the mosko moto nomax tank bag with the navigator pouch, the cell phone pouch that mounts on top via their molle attachment like that swmotech bag (Velcro straps)

i specifically went with the nomax bag because I wanted the water bladder for long rides. Gotta stay hydrated. 😎

I used it on my way to DART in full Sun and my phone never had any issues. It has venting for the phone and the cover that you see in the picture as well. I was even charging it while I was riding and it never overheated. It’s waterproof as well.

46DE4D0F-B8FB-47C5-B50D-5D7917EA4E11.thumb.jpeg.7ba5f8147fbecee397ae39e336da5f43.jpegD9F98D6C-DA0C-451B-A99C-0CF26646284E.thumb.jpeg.09370e2c09b575f05523d597d9adafd0.jpeg