IGNORED

Bold New Colors for 23?

TEWKS

“I pity the fool” at BMW for not getting the new GSA ready in time for the 23 season. :spittake:

Meet Mr. T. :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.d44ff5d15a940b780676fc6c8cf2533d.jpeg

Nothing at the local dealership yet but, I’ll take a look see when they get one in a couple weeks. :dontknow:

That is not a bad looking bike.

I was at the local only BMW dealership for Atlanta on Saturday and they were fresh out of new GS bikes.   They had a used one ( '13 model ) on the floor.  On a side note, there were a few new KTM 890 adventure bikes, with one having a SOLD tag on it.   Hmmm.

• Like 1

Hopefully I’ll get to test one but with things how they are, (limited supply) I don’t know if that will happen without a wad of cash in hand. As in, buy now ride now.  :dontknow:

Like what I’m seeing but don’t think I’d take a 24K gamble on loving it.

• Plus 1 1

I am waiting to see if they do anything along the lines of M-series, possibly 1300.   I would imagine the color scheme should be exciting.

• Like 1

I’ve been waiting for that fresh faced GS for a couple years now. Who knows, maybe I’ll just keep waiting. :dontknow:

You might be waiting a while.  Last I heard the GS assembly line was paused due to wiring harness shortages.  That was a few months ago so I don't know if it's still in pause mode.  If they've got half built bikes waiting on wiring harnesses, I can't see them rushing out the new bike.

Is that the new T1200?  I liked what I saw about it but won't be a beta tester again on a first year model.

• Like 1

Yes, the new Tiger 1200 Rally Explorer. The biggest of the big (8 gallons of fuel) which is actually a detriment to any off road roaming one might dream up while sipping a Unicorn Frappuccino at Starbucks. :spittake: But… my plan for a longtime has been to consolidate two bikes into one. RT/GS to a GSA or maybe this new Tiger. :dontknow:

• 3 months later...

So, we know the new GS isn’t going to be 2023 model by the released information above. Here’s a picture of the backend of what appears to be the NEW 2024 GS. When will we really get to see the bike, EICMA in November hopefully….:dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.75752a883eafee1b607b503edfbd8d98.jpeg

1 hour ago, MikeB60 said:

Here is a decent run down, 

Mike, I’ll have to take your word on that. :dance: Or learn German! :classic_biggrin:

I’m not sure it’s the direction I was imagining but still early. 

• Smile 1
12 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Mike, I’ll have to take your word on that. :dance: Or learn German! :classic_biggrin:

I’m not sure it’s the direction I was imagining but still early. 

Sorry about that I have enough German that i understood most of it. Google should be able to translate???? I was born with blonde hair and it's obvious at times.

• Haha 2

Here’s a funny one. Seems other parts of the world will get the newest motorcycles first to test. I’ll sit and watch a twenty minute video not understanding a single word. My daughter would be across the room scratching her head thinking, wow my dad knows a different language! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1
On 10/25/2022 at 7:57 PM, TEWKS said:

Yeah, something like this

Don't fret Pat, it looks like it had extra panels attached to alter its appearance.....common practice.:java:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Closer to the truth. Hmm, yes it’s going to be cleaned up, an added this or that I realize, but right now I’m having mixed thoughts on the bike I’ve been pining over for several years. Don’t feel too bad though, I know I’m dealing with a first world problem here. :classic_biggrin:

I did lift the photo from yeah, them adv guys. But hey, they lifted it from somebody else so, fair is fair. :D

image.thumb.jpeg.c18a2c4e4dd5719ecf3a968dd3ceb6ee.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Hope they work out better securement of the top and side cases.  :dontknow:

Yeah, when they disguise it, they ugly-it-up on purpose.    :classic_biggrin:

I would be interested in some performance numbers of those  big jugs.

2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Yeah, when they disguise it, they ugly-it-up on purpose.    :classic_biggrin:

So, you’re saying it’s easy work?  :spittake:

2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

big jugs

Big jugs….I guess I’m as confused as this guy.  :5146:  :4323: 

I’ll tell ya, they seem to be going way off script with this new design. Looks like an aluminum frame which kinda goes against the rugged theme of capturing a lightning bolt out in the bush and welding up a broken foot peg flange with it. :dontknow:

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

This ain’t gonna get ‘er done! :ohboy:

image.thumb.jpeg.d4a780d3744fc53f32440c545c4d75e6.jpeg

The pic popped up on ADV, but it’s a suspected fraud. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

That's hard to look at....

• Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 6:25 PM, TEWKS said:

For some reason, this immediately popped in my head

Praying Mantis Face Close Up | Wallpapers Gallery

• Haha 2

Morning  TEWKS

I have been seeing that picture around for while, some think it's fake, personably I suspect it is a pre-production test motorcycle that the test team has added those white headlight accents over the real headlights to camouflage the intended production look.  (auto companies do things like that all the time on pre-production test vehicles).   

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Another guess as to how the new GS will look. Comparing the shape of the beak with the captured shots of the bike testing, it’s a reasonable drawing. Not good IMO but I’ll wait for final judgement when it actually appears.

image.jpeg.b380f45dc46c706fa3a66ebf4ca13d29.jpeg

On 3/29/2023 at 1:10 PM, Bernie said:

I guess the new GS is going to have a boxer motor again? :4331:

Bernie, there are other "dual purpose" bikes on the market.  Just save the roundels from your current ride.

• Like 1
On 5/22/2023 at 9:58 AM, TEWKS said:

Another guess as to how the new GS will look. Comparing the shape of the beak with the captured shots of the bike testing, it’s a reasonable drawing. Not good IMO but I’ll wait for final judgement when it actually appears.

image.jpeg.b380f45dc46c706fa3a66ebf4ca13d29.jpeg

Somebody was a fan of Stryper?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.hMp5FP8zphS2kGogVdIK4wHaHe%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=cf45c706a82857e3c140eefebb2f05dba24aa61cbadcf7f2a2a9b03cf9577cb0&ipo=images

• Like 1

Agree. ^ With me though it always seems to go something like this. That thing is hideous! That thing is still ugly but I guess they’ve got a point. Hmm, great engineers aren’t always focused on building beautiful things. Well, from this angle it doesn’t look that bad. Oh wow, triple black, look away! :facepalm: Ok, just one test ride… Hooked! :classic_biggrin:

But, we shall see.

• Smile 1

I heard three colors for 24. And I’m being lazy by not going back to find the rumor (how true IDK) but I think it was black, white and a new green (that I never heard of) nor could find in BMW’s car division.

The right green could work on a GS. 

17 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Green on a GS?   Isn't that like lipstick on a pig?   :rofl:

Schwein. ;)

• Haha 1

Ok, the detectives over at ADV had the color, it’s called “Aurelius Green”. I can’t find any resemblance of it on the web so the suspense continues.  But, the bike is pretty much right here. Other than the Covid mask it’s wearing, there’s not much else left to the imagination. I assume some graphics and some crash protection bars will finish out the looks.