IGNORED

recommendations of r1100rt seat

Brodiepunker18

Brodiepunker18

I know this is essentially a “best oil” topic or “tires” topic

buttttttttt…….

I’m looking for recommendations of a comfortable seat for my 99 R1100rt

it came with a Sargent seat which I wasn’t impressed with. I bought an oem seat this spring to try and that’s even worse.

my butt hurts after an hour and a half in the saddle with the oem seat and the Sargent wasn’t much better.

i know Corbin makes a seat, and Russell Day long, and I came across seat concepts as well.

i don’t have an endless pocketbook to try them all lol.

i just want to be able to ride for several hours or more without discomfort so I can do more traveling.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Eric

I was going to recommend Sargent, or Russel Day Long.  I had a Rick Mayer seat on my first RT, absolutely loved it.  My second RT (current) came with a Corbin which I found to be rock hard and uncomfortable.  It also would not latch in all of the seat height positions.  I searched for a RDL seat on eBay and eventually one came up for sale.  LOVE IT.

Bill Mayer passed away, and one of the key employees of the company took it over under a new name.  Someone will provide that, since I can't recall.  They make excellent seats too.

• Thanks 1

Adrian at https://www.legendarybms.com/ is doing them now.  Just sent him an email about doing a seat for me.  My first 05 RT had one of their seats and I loved it.  While I wouldn't recommend Sargent for the 2005 or newer (personal experience) I too was going to suggest one of their seats for your 1100.  Had one on my 1150 and it was amazing - for me.  Try BMS.  I had good luck with them years ago.

Feral Space Cat

Have Corbin make you a custom seat. But make sure to try it and don’t be afraid to tell them to add foam. I’ve had several amazing seats made by Corbin but always had them add more foam. 

i tried Russell Day long once and it was the worst seat ever with even worse customer service. 

Brodiepunker18
1 hour ago, Rotor said:

Adrian at https://www.legendarybms.com/ is doing them now.  Just sent him an email about doing a seat for me.  My first 05 RT had one of their seats and I loved it.  While I wouldn't recommend Sargent for the 2005 or newer (personal experience) I too was going to suggest one of their seats for your 1100.  Had one on my 1150 and it was amazing - for me.  Try BMS.  I had good luck with them years ago.

looks like they’re gonna be at the MOA rally this week and making seats onsite…too bad I’m not able to go see them 🤦🏼‍♂️

Brodiepunker18
11 minutes ago, Feral Space Cat said:

Have Corbin make you a custom seat. But make sure to try it and don’t be afraid to tell them to add foam. I’ve had several amazing seats made by Corbin but always had them add more foam. 

i tried Russell Day long once and it was the worst seat ever with even worse customer service. 

I’ll have to look into Corbin as well. Especially if they will work with you on comfort. Thanks

Brodiepunker18

@Rotor @Michaelr11

I called BMS just now, and for the price and turnaround time I can’t pass up the opportunity. I’m gonna have them do it. I hope it is as good for me as everyone else who has had BMS do theirs. 

thank you for the recommendation.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Brodiepunker18

Got my seat today from BMS and I gotta say it looks spectacular! I can’t wait to go ride on it and see how it feels.

I went with the leather vs the vinyl.

180027ED-1764-43EC-88DE-489418E77AE9.thumb.jpeg.49ec43492a357ad0cbd9d60809aa0555.jpeg

• Like 1

BMS seat on my R1150RT for the past couple years now. Just returned from the MOA rally, doing about 1600 miles and the seat is completely comfortable.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Brodiepunker18

I gotta say that I’ve put about 300 miles on the bike since I got the seat with two separate 2 hour rides one way, and I’m loving it so far. I know it will take about 1000+ miles to break in but I’m incredibly impressed so far. 😏