IGNORED

DART Preparations In Full Swing

Mike

Just two weeks to go. As a reminder, if you’re joining us it’s helpful to get a headcount, so sign up or send one of us a message if you think you’ll be coming to DART.

As part of our preparations for DART, we’re undertaking a $.05 million project to repave the driveway. No more sinking sidestands…which is good for my mental health. 🤪

• Like 2
On 6/9/2022 at 10:54 AM, Mike said:

Just two weeks to go. As a reminder, if you’re joining us it’s helpful to get a headcount, so sign up or send one of us a message if you think you’ll be coming to DART.

As part of our preparations for DART, we’re undertaking a $.05 million project to repave the driveway. No more sinking sidestands…which is good for my mental health. 

Now if you could do something about that gravel road leading to your place😁

• Haha 1
Brodiepunker18
6 hours ago, Dave_in_TX said:

Now if you could do something about that gravel road leading to your place😁

I forgot about the gravel road! 🤦🏼‍♂️ At least I’ll be prepared for it this year. Lol

10 hours ago, Brodiepunker18 said:

I forgot about the gravel road! 🤦🏼‍♂️ At least I’ll be prepared for it this year. Lol

Think of it as your intro to adventure riding. 🤣  

For those who haven’t been to Borah Borah, the road switches to gravel for the last few hundred feet when approaching from County Highway C. Be ready for a couple of switchbacks, and make sure you’re in first gear when you get to that first turn, which is a bit on the steep side.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

If you're not joining us at DART for the rides, the camaraderie, come for the food.  The order's in.

Friday night dinner will be catered by Ma's Bakery, Bloomington, WI.  If you are joining us, add breakfast or lunch to your ride schedule.  Home-cooked food, friendly people, community dining like in, "Hi, pull up a chair."  We wouldn't miss it; and, leave room in a side case for that loaf of Ma's bread or sweet roll to take home.

How good is it?  We had breakfast with Mike and DyAnne Barksdale @MikeB60 on a sunny high school graduation Saturday.  Customers were carrying out huge tubs of food for graduation parties.  Ruth talked with a woman as we waited to learn the local women had boiled and peeled 600lbs of potatoes to help Ma's meet her catering orders that weekend; and, yes, the potato salad is on the DART menu.

image.png.610363cf709ef3e8ddfef89eb3024624.png image.png.ca0dbb84ac2314162f74d537e9f1ffea.png

Thanks for taking on the “Master of Feeding the Masses” role, John! Ma’s is a real treasure—great food and wonderful people. They are very much a community gathering place, and one of the things I like about Ma’s is the fact that they provide meals to some of the town’s less fortunate, telling them that “Someone bought a gift card for you.” Mary—“Ma”—also provides a huge amount of food to local charity events. You’ll never find a better group of people than those who sling hash at Ma’s.

• Like 3
Brodiepunker18

I’ve never been to Ma’s. I will have to go while I’m down there. Only a few days away now! I’m itching to go! Darn work! Lol 😂