IGNORED

2003 k1200lt starting problems

Mogs769

My K 1200 LT has problems starting I drove it about 20 miles and turn it off for about an hour when I try to start it up it turns over but does not start I waited about three hours and then she started up. I rode her home and had no problems starting for about two weeks then the same thing happens after going to the store again and I waited about an hour and a half and she started up again the other day I was on the freeway and she just died out for me at about 85 miles an hour I told her home because she would not start after a few hours but the next day she started up again but they died down as soon as I got on her what do you think the problem is 

16 hours ago, Mogs769 said:

My K 1200 LT has problems starting I drove it about 20 miles and turn it off for about an hour when I try to start it up it turns over but does not start I waited about three hours and then she started up. I rode her home and had no problems starting for about two weeks then the same thing happens after going to the store again and I waited about an hour and a half and she started up again the other day I was on the freeway and she just died out for me at about 85 miles an hour I told her home because she would not start after a few hours but the next day she started up again but they died down as soon as I got on her what do you think the problem is 

Morning  Mogs769

That is difficult to answer as ALL we know is that at times it won't start when warm.  

Possibly a little more info can help?

When did the problem start?  Like after winter storage, or right after a fuel fill up, or after motorcycle service, or after riding through heavy rain, etc?  Maybe something can help us determine what you are dealing with. 

The protocol started after driving about 20 miles and it was turned off for about an hour and a half I towed it’s Home and it started after downloading it from the truck the problem occurred again a couple of days later after riding and stopping and riding and stopping doing some shopping and then it stopped and went home leaving the bike and returned about three hours later and it started right up but then recently I rode back from San Diego to LA and it cut out for me at a traffic light after that the bike would not start for about two weeks until I took everything apart took off the gas tank and clean the air filter put it back on and it started  but then I went for a ride and it stopped managed to push start it down a steep hill and went home the next morning started up again and I was riding on the freeway when it cut out I left it for about an hour and it started up but died within two minutes  since then it has not started but it turns over

13 hours ago, Mogs769 said:

The protocol started after driving about 20 miles and it was turned off for about an hour and a half I towed it’s Home and it started after downloading it from the truck the problem occurred again a couple of days later after riding and stopping and riding and stopping doing some shopping and then it stopped and went home leaving the bike and returned about three hours later and it started right up but then recently I rode back from San Diego to LA and it cut out for me at a traffic light after that the bike would not start for about two weeks until I took everything apart took off the gas tank and clean the air filter put it back on and it started  but then I went for a ride and it stopped managed to push start it down a steep hill and went home the next morning started up again and I was riding on the freeway when it cut out I left it for about an hour and it started up but died within two minutes  since then it has not started but it turns over

Morning Mogs769

Still not a lot of info on what is going on, have you checked for spark when it quits & won't start?   

You probably need to determine if your no-start is spark related, or fuel injector triggering related, or fuel supply related.  

In any case, a failing or disconnected engine temperature sensor (located behind the number four cylinder) could cause your problem.

Or, if problem is on the fuel supply side than a split or pin hole in the in-tank high pressure fuel hose could cause a hot engine (hot fuel) problem but allow enough fuel pressure when cold to a low starting & running. 

Of even something like a cam sensor acting up when hot? 

A number of possibilities on your problem so begin by figuring out what part of your engine control is causing the issue like  fuel supply, fuel  injection, or spark.