IGNORED

BBQ Tuesday 5/17/22

Hey Pat, I lived about a mile from that designated center point on Central Tree Rd and never knew about it until the advent of the world wide web.  :ohboy:

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.   I left there to move south in '78 (13 y/o) and went back 20 years later to visit and everything was so small.   LOL

I am hoping Laura's CE seminars will eventually choose Boston for their annaul convention.  They were there quite a few years ago.   I need to get back that way; there is a lot to see.  I want to go see the new TFD firehouse after my formal invitation from the Chief.   :grin:

Looks like a good time was had.   Good photos!

• Like 1

Yeah, I should of asked for your old address and snapped a picture. :dontknow: Just like everywhere, they’re filling in the open fields with houses so it may be a little more crowded if you make the trip. 

91B9E13F-DAEB-4FC9-9A7E-462F8A569788.jpeg

EEA619D4-BC37-4127-9748-297B3DE67F17.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The fire house used to be a single bay, next to the cemetary that is near Naquag Elementary.  That  school had 2 buildings, with grades 1 - 3 on the side of the road as the cemetary and across the street was the building for grades 4 -8.  As I understand it now, things are quite a bit different these days.  

• Like 1

I only used a quarter of a tank of gas to get to BT's...we could have easily made it to Manchester for the next "feed bag"!

• Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1

The 5 of us at the table for lunch today would have a hard time finishing that!

…but I think we should try!

• Plus 1 1

1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

.......no sharing, eh?

Probably not, if you want it free and the T. :classic_biggrin: Not sure if you saw that dude’s video but I’ll tell ya, I almost got nauseous just watching. The days of food challenges are over for me, unfortunately.  

New Strategy… Less food, more times eating it. :spittake: 

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

Brad, I’m pretty sure you’ve got the navigation part handled but, I’ll put together a nice little backroad route I take up to KC’s for a future feed. :classic_biggrin:

Geekmaster

Looks like I'm late to the party, but count me in next time (if at all possible).  AND ... it appears that your route nearly went by my house! 

I love KC's!

• Like 1

Sounds good, where about are you located? I’ve got a nice little ride up to KC’s that I’d like to do sometime in early June. Maybe you could join in along the route somewhere. :thumbsup:

Next Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday look like good weather.

Any of those good for you Pat and Dave?

I’ll check with the other RI guys 

• Like 1

Sounds good Brad except….I just looked at their hours and they don’t open on weekdays until 4pm. :( I’m not sure if that’s something new or maybe I’ve only been there on weekends. :dontknow:

Sunday looks like good weather and would work for me as well...it's you with your J O B that I'm trying to fit into.  Retired life is pretty sweet!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry Brad, J O B is prohibited language around here. :D Believe it or not, I was planning on a vacation day for Sunday. I need to check tomorrow if it’s available. (only so many out at one time) Just to be clear you’re talking this Sunday, the 29th?

Yes, 5/29.  

Sunday is the day the BIG newspaper lands in the driveway...all the other days of the week are Saturdays...

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll let you know ASAP! :thumbsup:

edit…I should of said if I can get the time. If it works for you guys that will only make me try harder to make it. ;)

Some jumping the gun pre planning here. I have this route I had planned on sending you Brad, but for some unknown reason, I can’t get to my email on the computer that has MapSource. It’s hard being stupid sometimes. :dontknow:

Anyway I’ll see if my technical advisor can help me out. 

Thinking we could meet at Johnson’s around 11:00 and ride together up to KC’s.

D9BF7F4B-6A69-4C63-B6A1-FE201F0C1B32.jpeg

DBC61CAE-321C-4CDA-A7BE-492DB0990668.jpeg

Geekmaster

Thanks @Boxflyer and @TEWKS.  Unfortunately, I'm not available on Sunday until mid-afternoon due to prior commitments. I'll have to catch you guys another time, I guess.

TEWKS, FYI, I'm approximately at the point in your original route above where it intersects Rt 2 at Westminster.

• Like 1
On 5/17/2022 at 7:47 PM, 60Aviator said:

When is the next one?:eat:

If you’re in the neighborhood, this Sunday! ;) :grin: :wave:

8 hours ago, TEWKS said:

If you’re in the neighborhood, this Sunday! ;) :grin: :wave:

I need more of a heads up down here in LA! I have already made plans for Sat & Monday. :beer:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
24 minutes ago, 60Aviator said:

I need more of a heads up down here in LA! I have already made plans for Sat & Monday. :beer:

If you leave after our lunch stop on Saturday you should be able to make the BBQ lunch on Sunday. 

• Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, 60Aviator said:

I was figuring you still had access to your work vehicle. :classic_biggrin: Guessing 2 fuel stops and 8 hours? :dontknow:

Bathroom wall art at KC’s.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Would it be awkward if the employee was in there at the same time a customer is?  :dontknow:

IMO, the employee would need to be wearing a pig suit at the time. Ya, anything else other than that would be just strange.  :rofl:

image.jpeg

• Haha 1
The Rocketman

I hate living so far from you guys. 

4-1/2 hours slabbing each way is a buzz kill for me.

And I guess you'll never come down to Wrong Island for BBQ because (a) we don't have any, (b) 'cause the ride down sucks, and (c) 'cause once you're here there's nothing to do but turn around and go home.

1 hour ago, Boxflyer said:

Hey Larry, let’s go up to Grey Ghost Inn and stage out of there for 4 days or so…

See, now there’s that “retirement freedom” thing at work again. :5146: 

PS… I don’t think this should upset the reservation count but my buddy Mitch is going to join in tomorrow. :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1
The Rocketman

Hope to see you at the GGI in August. I usually go up a day early, but can stretch that a little bit if you're interested. We'll chat before then. Things are complicated here as my house went up for sale last week. Need to rent a storage unit for bikes, tools, etc. for the foreseeable future pretty soon. I'll deal with the logistics once we get an offer and get into contract.

Check in post. :classic_biggrin: I’m home.

And, It didn’t happen unless Brad posts his picture. I didn’t take any which is unusual. Good ride, good company but, I have one complaint. This ain’t NC or GA! :ohboy:

Edit…

Oh yeah, the hand wash employee in the bathroom wasn’t wearing a pig suit…WTH! :dontknow:

• Haha 1

I'm home too.  A nice 300+ mile lunch and back home in time for a neighborhood cookout.

Proof that it happened!

437C637B-2079-44B7-9474-9E6D18BDA3D6_1_105_c.jpeg

3A1F6B25-4622-4805-9293-3EFDBEE9BA38_1_105_c.jpeg

4B2BD482-6CF9-4FBE-A952-40E686E69AFA_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 3:17 PM, Boxflyer said:

I'm home too.  A nice 300+ mile lunch and back home in time for a neighborhood cookout.

Proof that it happened!

437C637B-2079-44B7-9474-9E6D18BDA3D6_1_105_c.jpeg

3A1F6B25-4622-4805-9293-3EFDBEE9BA38_1_105_c.jpeg

4B2BD482-6CF9-4FBE-A952-40E686E69AFA_1_105_c.jpeg

I couldn’t make your BBQ lunch, so I had my own BBQ lunch today in Arkansas on Ark16, south of Witts Springs. A7C77E44-0192-42D1-A1DB-0585624E653B.thumb.jpeg.a097f37e9ab3813dd660c24443503cd1.jpeg0062E34E-BF7C-4074-9BD3-16FC44BED39E.thumb.jpeg.d64827f907dc247fe7eded411824b5f6.jpeg

• Like 4