IGNORED

Ride for Eddd

Saturday May 21st 10am 

Leaving from the Chuck Wagon parking lot.

We are gonna spread some of Eddd's ashes at the Fish Lake overlook.

Gonna tell some stories and share the love.

I miss him everyday.

Whip

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
lawnchairboy
3 hours ago, Whip said:

Saturday May 21st 10am 

Leaving from the Chuck Wagon parking lot.

We are gonna spread some of Eddd's ashes at the Fish Lake overlook.

Gonna tell some stories and share the love.

I miss him everyday.

Whip

sorry that I will not be there. 

• Sad 2
Dennis Andress

Eddd's sister, Beth, has said there's money to pay for everyone's dinner. But we need a head count...

That's everyone at Spring Torrey.

• Like 4
r1150gsrider

I wish I could be there.  We could’ve adjusted my valves as one of my favorite memories of Eddd.  

Rob Nowell

Guys (and ladies?), I only had the privilege of visiting with Edd once (last year in Beatty), but I can certainly understand the love you have all shown at his unfortunate passing.  That being said, I would humbly like to join you on this morning ride unless anyone would prefer to keep it more closely-knit (in which I will completely understand and respect your opinion).  Additionally, I am under the assumption that the route is paved.  Perhaps Mr. Duck or Carl would entertain the position of Mediator if you'd like to keep the gathering more personal:  You can ask them to confidentially ask me to abstain from attending.  I really don't want to step on any toes.

With respect,

Rob

Skip and I will be there for Ed and Spring Torry.  Since Skip does not have a current LD travel bike, we are running out in the truck.

8 hours ago, Rob Nowell said:

Guys (and ladies?), I only had the privilege of visiting with Edd once (last year in Beatty), but I can certainly understand the love you have all shown at his unfortunate passing.  That being said, I would humbly like to join you on this morning ride unless anyone would prefer to keep it more closely-knit (in which I will completely understand and respect your opinion).  Additionally, I am under the assumption that the route is paved.  Perhaps Mr. Duck or Carl would entertain the position of Mediator if you'd like to keep the gathering more personal:  You can ask them to confidentially ask me to abstain from attending.  I really don't want to step on any toes.

With respect,

Rob

I can't speak for anyone else, but as far as I'm concerned you are welcome.  Yes, the route is paved.  

• Thanks 1

For me, anyone who wants to pay respects to a fellow rider is always welcome. That’s how we roll. 

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1

Rob, thank you for being thoughtful and humble.  I can't speak for the organizers of this, but if it is posted publicly, I can't see how it wouldn't be open to all.  To add to what Twisties and Graydude previously said, the more the merrier.  As a previously departed member of our group used to say, "Bring it!"

• Thanks 1
szurszewski
On 5/11/2022 at 12:06 PM, Rob Nowell said:

With respect,

Rob

I didn't know Eddd well - just a few meetings at events and a few conversations via the forum and email - but I'm certain I knew him well enough to know he'd absolutely welcome you to this - or just about any - ride. 

I'm not going to be there, but I'll be thinking about you all while I'm at work :(

• Like 2