Test #3 

dirtrider
1 minute ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon dirtrider

Test #3 

Afternoon  dirtrider

Test #4 

szurszewski

I was going to start a thread here, in response to your request, to try to figure out the “highlighting issue”  - but I found this test thread, so we might as well use this :) 

I think we need to tag @chrisolson since I don’t know anything about the forum software and he knows pretty much everything about it. 

So, Mr. Olson, an issue was brought up today in this thread

where someone pointed out that sometimes it’s hard to read text replies because of “highlighting” that is unintentional on the part of the poster. I always use the novus dark theme, and I see this from time to time - usually when someone (often D.R.) has quoted someone’s post or copied/pasted some text from their post. I imagine there is a reason/patter for this, but I haven’t spotted it yet. Sometimes it’s just annoying to try to read it (which is to say, you can do it but it’s not pleasant) but other times it’s nearly impossible as the “highlight” and text colors appear almost the same. I think every time I’ve seen this and switched to the default theme, the issue has disappeared. 

I’m at work right now waiting for a client to arrive, so I don’t have time to experiment, but I’ll check back in later today. I’m hopeful that Mr. Olson will just know the answer.

Good luck!

josh

szurszewski

PS to add: all of your tests above my post appear “normal” to me (viewed on an iPad with chrome using the dark theme) - no “highlighting” 

dirtrider
10 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

PS to add: all of your tests above my post appear “normal” to me (viewed on an iPad with chrome using the dark theme) - no “highlighting” 

Afternoon szurszewski

Yes, I went to the dark theme & they looked good to me also. 

Might be something about the way I quote them or how copy/paste the poster name. 

dirtrider
2 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon szurszewski

Yes, I went to the dark theme & they looked good to me also. 

Might be something about the way I quote them or how copy/paste the poster name. 

Morning szurszewski

I will try this way to see if makes a difference. 

dirtrider

Morning  BobbyMac1952

Well if it has a good spark (at the correct time), has enough compression, has ENOUGH fuel spraying in, & the fuel spraying in is good fuel  without water in it then it WILL start &  run.

So what of the above are you  lacking? 

If it starts when you spray good fuel in then it has the spark required (at the correct time), also has the compression required so that leaves either not enough fuel spraying in or bad fuel spraying in. 

dirtrider

Morning  BobbyMac1952

Well if it has a good spark (at the correct time), has enough compression, has ENOUGH fuel spraying in, & the fuel spraying in is good fuel  without water in it then it WILL start &  run.

So what of the above are you  lacking? 

If it starts when you spray good fuel in then it has the spark required (at the correct time), also has the compression required so that leaves either not enough fuel spraying in or bad fuel spraying in. 

chrisolson
14 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

I’m hopeful that Mr. Olson will just know the answer.

1 minute ago, dirtrider said:

Same copy/paste but posted as plain text!

You got it .... The issue is that when copying in text to a post from ANY source, the fourum editor is set to paste it as "rich text" ... which means it is including any and all formatting of the source material ...  which means not only the font style , color and size but also the background color.

when pasting in text, just notice at the bottom and click plain text instead which should convert the text to the current theme

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 10.33.25 AM.png

• Thanks 1
dirtrider

Chris,

Looks like a simple quote (click quote button) brings down a plain text copy but if I go back & grab some, or part of, the original quote to use inside my posting THAT then comes in as rich text (at least I think that is what is happening).

Szurszewski,

Seeing as you use the dark mode please PM me if the difficult to read text shows up in any of my future posts. (thanks DR)

chrisolson
11 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Looks like a simple quote (click quote button) brings down a plain text copy but if I go back & grab some, or part of, the original quote to use inside my posting THAT then comes in as rich text (at least I think that is what is happening).

If the quote is already a default / plain text for that theme, yes.  But otherwise it will take the quote "as is" and does not offer the option at the bottom for plain text.

chrisolson

just pasted in as copied

Russia-Ukraine war: Russia attacks Azovstal plant after first civilians evacuated from steel works reach safety – live

chrisolson

pasted in then clicked plain text at bottom

Ukraine

Russia-Ukraine war: Russia attacks Azovstal plant after first civilians evacuated from steel works reach safety – live

chrisolson

quote of non standard text

Just now, chrisolson said:

just pasted in as copied

dirtrider

Chris,

OK, I think I have that. At least I know what to look for now as none of this showed up in my light theme. 

szurszewski
1 hour ago, dirtrider said:

Chris,

Szurszewski,

Seeing as you use the dark mode please PM me if the difficult to read text shows up in any of my future posts. (thanks DR)

Looks like it’s all been sorted, but I will let you know if I see this crop up in any future posts. 

Glad to hear it’s a simple issue. 

josh