IGNORED

The Friday (April 22) Tehachapi to Oakhurst ride and gpx files

Groanup

The Friday "Tehachapi to Oakhurst" ride is on once again this year.
The plan is to meet either in Lancaster at the Starbuck's on Avenue I at 8 am, or at the (Shell?) gas station North of hwy 58 at the Mills street exit, in Tehachapi between 9 and 9:30 am.

The route to Porterville is the same as last year. Lunch will be at Jenny Lynn's on Plano street. We expect to arrive in Porterville by noon.
After lunch, we've planned a shorter route than previous years for those who don't want to arrive exhausted in Oakhurst. It cuts about 1.5 hours from the trip.

If you would like to ride last years route anyway (or any other route you choose), You are certainly welcome to.

I'm attaching the route to Porterville, plus both after lunch routes as gpx files. You will need to import the files into Basecamp to use them.

Please let me know if you have any problems with them.

Also, a count of who's "in" would be helpful so we can give Jenny Lynn's a heads up.

The morning route: Tehachapi to Porterville 2022.gpx

The Afternoon route (short): Porterville to Oakhurst short 2022.gpx

Last year's afternoon route: 2021 Porterville to Oakhurst.gpx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yeah, what Carl said.........I hurt my shoulder last Friday, and am hoping it's not serious (feels like rotator cuff, which I've had fixed twice on the other shoulder).  If I can ride, I'll be there.

• Like 2
On 4/11/2022 at 9:03 AM, Rob Nowell said:

yeah, what Carl said.........I hurt my shoulder last Friday, and am hoping it's not serious (feels like rotator cuff, which I've had fixed twice on the other shoulder).  If I can ride, I'll be there.

Looks like a good bunch gonna show up……..

Dr Ed and friends are coming, most of the usual suspects will be along, and Graydude is gonna brave a night in Lancaster just to join us!

See ya at Starbux 

Don J

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1

Tehachapi might get a little interesting with snow showers forecasted for us in the morning. Let the Adventure begin!

341A3A4B-7945-4D76-9F6C-B9FC3CD0E364.thumb.jpeg.9f70f851eb6bf484e0b6be61503244d0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is the Group from Lancaster going to stop at Texaco Gas Station in Tehachapi? Usually there around 9-9:30?

If you guys are not stopping there, we will try and cross paths along the route and at least meet up in Porterville.

Looks like a possibly wet day for Friday but the weekend looks promising.

40 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

Is the Group from Lancaster going to stop at Texaco Gas Station in Tehachapi? Usually there around 9-9:30?

If you guys are not stopping there, we will try and cross paths along the route and at least meet up in Porterville.

Looks like a possibly wet day for Friday but the weekend looks promising.

Yes. Google Maps says it's a Shell station, but either way...

It's across from the Holiday Inn Express off the Mills exit, north of 58.

Don,

I successfully uploaded the GPX files and transferred onto my Garmin GPS via Basecamp. Now they reside on the Trip Planner App. on my Zumo 590. Not getting lost on this trip :-)

Thanks for your effort to create these.

-ds

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rob Nowell said:

I'm out.  Hopefully, I'll see you all next month.  Have a good, safe weekend.

Rob

Sorry to hear it. See ya in Mesquite next month. 

• Plus 1 3

Hopefully there will be some leeway on the 8am meetup at starbucks.  I'm a senior citizen in case you hadn't noticed  :grin:

Yes, I can crank the throttle and see you at tehachapi if i'm too late.

4 hours ago, longjohn said:

Hopefully there will be some leeway on the 8am meetup at starbucks.  I'm a senior citizen in case you hadn't noticed  :grin:

Yes, I can crank the throttle and see you at tehachapi if i'm too late.

Leave home 10 minutes earlier old feller... :old:

P.S. Bring an extra pair of gloves. Just in case.