IGNORED

04 RT 1150 Front shock

Flyer5

Anyone try this brand yet? Old bike, front shock is shot so looking for options and don't think it needs an $800 shock. $400 seems more doable.

https://www.beemershop.com/product/yss-z-series-front-shock-damping-length-manual-pre-load-adj-r1150r-rockster-r1150rt-r1200rt.html

ETA ordered one. I will do a review and post it after I get some miles on it. Has to be a lot better than the old worn stock one. My old bike had wilbers so I will have something to compare it to as well.

I have not. If Ted Porter sells it, it will be good. He is a standup guy and has a very good reputation around suspension. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Skywagon said:

I have not. If Ted Porter sells it, it will be good. He is a standup guy and has a very good reputation around suspension. 

I was thinking that as well. Doesn't have his rep selling junk.

Call him and talk to him. Ask how this will compare tide wise to OEM. He did a couple of my bikes when I lived there in the 90’s. I was very pleased. 

• Like 1

My experience is the same as Skywagon.  Call him, leave a message, he will call you back and ask about your riding preferences, roads, loads, and your weight.  He will talk suspension as long as you want to.

I've purchased two sets of Wilbur shocks from him for 1999 year model BMW's on his recommendation and am VERY pleased.  

If you get this YSS unit please let me know your experience.  I have another 1999 RT that is due for shocks.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Installed the shock and put a quick 100miles on this morning. Much improved over my 18yr old factory shock. Well worth the price.

• 2 months later...

Two years ago I entered discussions with Jeff and Ted at the Beemershop concerning new shocks for my R1200RT. I ordered YSS suspension and 36,000 miles later I’m still happy with my decision guided by their expertise. At that time in 2020 and probably still so they don’t have the spring selection for YSS that they have for Wilburs so if you are of a size and weight that needs springs they don’t have or can’t get then YSS won’t be an option. As for me they had in stock the springs matched to my weight and riding style. I’m at the point now where I probably need to send them in for a refresh but they still feel great.