IGNORED

North Meets South in the Middle 2022 April 22, 23, 24

CoarsegoldKid

CoarsegoldKid

I've been asked if North Meets South is going to continue into 2022.  I see no reason for it not too.  However  getting motel room discount isn't going to happen.  Rooms should be plentiful  as two more huge motels have been opened in Oakhurst.  I still suggest making your reservation at the Comfort Inn in Oakhurst soon for the nights of April 22 and 23.  All the restaurants except the Sweetwater Steakhouse are open.  Most of you know how the event unfolds.  Although, I haven't spoken of any of the Southern riders they generally meet up somewhere between Lancaster and Tehachapi and ride two lane through the foothills to Porterville for lunch.  Continuing on from there into the backroads of the Central Valley to Oakhurst.  Most likely arriving around 6pm.  Newbies take note that you will not find more twisty miles of road anywhere.  Saturday more of the same in groups or solo, you decide. Or if there should be any interest in off-road riding out of Oakhurst I can lead the way and make it so on Forest Service roads and even a few simple single track bits.  The route would be GS friendly.  I know the area well.  Madera County is currently doing masks and that you respect that masks be worn entering into businesses that post signs to that effect.  As you know you can't eat with a mask on so I really wouldn't be concerned about masks.  

Comfort Inn appears to be full.   Just booked double at Oakhurst Lodge for $317 (two nights).    They show other available rooms.    

Thor

My Daughter and her husband ( Robin and Todd) also got a room at the Oakhurst Lodge.    Mary-Anna who has come to several of the prior get-togethers in Oakhurst will also be at the Lodge.   

Wouldn’t miss this one, I’m IN, room reserved at Oakhurst Lodge!

And oh yeah, the Tehachapi Back Road ride will happen, stay tuned

Thanks for doing this

14 hours ago, Groanup said:

Oakhurst Lodge...

I've stayed there before.

Didn't that place burn down a while back?

Burned in 2013.  Pics from the fire attached.

Oakhurst_Lodge_4_-_Photo_by_Gina_Clugsto

9d9a4aceda51fa2c73eaca465e37df46

I booked at the "Yosemite Sierra Inn," because they say their room has a mountain view.  I think it's right next door to Oakhurst Lodge.  They have rooms starting @ $103 on Hotels.com.

15 hours ago, mrduck said:

Wouldn’t miss this one, I’m IN, room reserved at Oakhurst Lodge!

And oh yeah, the Tehachapi Back Road ride will happen, stay tuned

Thanks for doing this

Again, Don, I will plan to follow you from the A.V.

CoarsegoldKid
5 hours ago, Rob Nowell said:

I booked at the "Yosemite Sierra Inn," because they say their room has a mountain view.  I think it's right next door to Oakhurst Lodge.  They have rooms starting @ $103 on Hotels.com.

Not exactly next door to the Oakhurst Lodge but it's within walking distance.  Depending on your room you might have a mountain view but really you are already in the mountains.

• 2 weeks later...

Little Fish and Bigfish Booked at Oakhurst Lodge for Friday night and Saturday night.

Thursday Night we'll be staging in Tehachapi at the Holiday in Express. Assuming we will meet around 9am at the Texico Gas Station right across the street from Holiday Inn Express.

For any newbies who might be lurking and considering this trip... the ride from Tehachapi to Oakhurst on Friday will be one you will never ever forget. The additional riding and socializing in and around Oakhurst is most outstanding as well.

Our favorite MC pic was taken just north of where we are staying. Notice Bridal Falls between our helmets.

IMG_0561.thumb.jpg.e875e174401cda878178e5957facaa9d.jpg

and after finding this little gem of a rock... I felt much more centered...

IMG_0386.thumb.jpg.8468d0123e3ab6449f2fc381ad147057.jpg

• Plus 1 1
4 hours ago, Bigfish said:

Little Fish and Bigfish Booked at Oakhurst Lodge for Friday night and Saturday night.

Thursday Night we'll be staging in Tehachapi at the Holiday in Express. Assuming we will meet around 9am at the Texico Gas Station right across the street from Holiday Inn Express.

For any newbies who might be lurking and considering this trip... the ride from Tehachapi to Oakhurst on Friday will be one you will never ever forget. The additional riding and socializing in and around Oakhurst is most outstanding as well.

Our favorite MC pic was taken just north of where we are staying. Notice Bridal Falls between our helmets.

IMG_0561.thumb.jpg.e875e174401cda878178e5957facaa9d.jpg

and after finding this little gem of a rock... I felt much more centered...

IMG_0386.thumb.jpg.8468d0123e3ab6449f2fc381ad147057.jpg

👏👏👏

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.

Perhaps they had a party cancellation. :dontknow:

I called and talked to Rene today and she said they had about 25-30 more rooms and she expected them to go.... :burnout:

Weather speculators are saying 60% chance of rain for Friday. This brought on memories of 6 or 8 years ago……..The Usual Suspects coming into the hotel lobby dripping wet, leaving puddles where they stood still 😳

• Plus 1 1
1 hour ago, RT Russ said:

Weather speculators are saying 60% chance of rain for Friday. This brought on memories of 6 or 8 years ago……..The Usual Suspects coming into the hotel lobby dripping wet, leaving puddles where they stood still 😳

Guess I'll find out how good or bad the weather protection is on the GS.  :5223:

I've been seeing 20%-40% chance of rain along our route from the south so who knows.  Not worried about it, its not like we didn't have an UN in Moscow ID with rain every single day and still had fun.

Well, normally the rain "stays to the north of us" down here in SoCal.

I guess Porterville IS north of here...

I'll pack my rain gear. That'll pretty much guarantee no rain!

• Haha 1
CoarsegoldKid

According to the TV weather news guy Friday is scattered showers in the foothills south of Fresno.  So depending on the cloud you are under you may or may not get wet. Sunny and dry on Saturday.

Looks like this year riders are staying in many different locations in Oakhurst.  Where will a good meeting place be in town so that riders can meet and greet, kick tires, and know what's happening.  Saturday riding adventures are usually planned the last minute the morning of and generally there are more than one.