IGNORED

** ONE SPOT OPEN** UN RALLY Trail Braking Camp course By Jon DelVecchio June 27 & 28

Indy Dave

"Come ride a slow bike fast!"

@Jon DelVecchio  is bringing his Trail Braking Camp course to the UN Rally! Jon will be offering 2 classes with 4 students in each class (on June 27 & 28). Upon completion of Jon's course, the BMW MOA Foundation will reimburse you $200 for BMW MOA Members ($100 for non members) BUT! you can still join the MOA and get the $200 training grant! Membership cost is $49.00 - so you still gain an extra $51 over a non member grant.

This is the same course that's been offered at other MOA Functions.

Upfront Tuition Cost is:                       $350.00 

BMW MOA Foundation grant for      -$200.00

MOA Members:

Final Total Cost:                  $150.00! Sweet Sassy Ma-lassie - that's a bargain!! :4316:

Here's a link to Jon's Course description and registration page: https://streetskills.net/trail-braking-camp-registration-page/

Here's a link to his published articles and Youtube videos: https://streetskills.net/resources/

Jon will be monitoring this thread to answer your questions.

This is the long awaited return of Rider Skill Development that's been absent from BMWST for several years now, so sign up now - these 8 spots will fill up quickly! :read:

Did you know that BMWST.COM is a BMW MOA Chapter? It's true!

Edited by Indy Dave
One spot open!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Indy Dave changed the title to UN RALLY Trail Braking Camp course By Jon DelVecchio June 27 & 28

A quick question, how is the credit issued?  is it put bac on the card used to pay for the class?  If the credit issued as soon as payment is made?  Is the credit done after the class?  thanks

20 minutes ago, randy said:

A quick question, how is the credit issued?  is it put bac on the card used to pay for the class?  If the credit issued as soon as payment is made?  Is the credit done after the class?  thanks

Hi Randy - In the past, the MOA has had grant checks for students that are handed out at the end of the class. But to your point, grants are paid via MOA Foundation Check, made out to the student. Unless someone is a last minute addition to a class, we should have the grant checks available on site upon completion of the course.

5 minutes ago, randy said:

ok, I did not realize BMWMOA would do the payment.  I was thinking BMWMOA paid the school and the school made the refund.  thanks

It works well. I've taken advantage of the MOA's Training Grant Program twice.

16 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

"Come ride a slow bike fast!"

Did you know that BMWST.COM is a BMW MOA Chapter? It's true!

IndyDave,

I used to be a MOA member.  Is there a way to re-signup with BMWST, and is there any benefit to BMWST to do that?

Not to take Indy Dave's thunder, but he has a lot on his plate.

Click the LINKY to get started.   BMWST is a chapter of the MOA with no way to register on our forum (that I know of.)  Go to the MOA link to sign up and pay them directly.  They will issue you a member number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

@Jon DelVecchio 

What is the itinerary for the course like?

"Come ride a slow bike fast"   What bike?

Thanks!

I believe this link will explain the program Jon will be conducting. 

Trail Braking Camp

William, there is more information in the first post by Indy Dave, including 2 links.

I did Jon's online program and found it very informative and helpful.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Jon DelVecchio said:

Thanks for jumping in first, Randy! 

well I have already made my appointment with HRC for Moto America.  I fully expect after I complete this course HRC will want to discuss a rider slot with me.  :-)

• Like 2

Thanks Bernie.   I guess I scrolled through the page too fast.  I then saw photos of the bikes and read the detailed course description.  :ohboy:

• Like 2
Jon DelVecchio
18 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

@Jon DelVecchio 

What is the itinerary for the course like?

"Come ride a slow bike fast"   What bike?

Thanks!

Here's a few more details...

The TrailBrakingCamp.com web page has the standard information. Here's an inside scoop...

It's a one day course. Arrive 8:45 am, course starts at 9 am. I bring a fleet of four (4) Grom-style motorcycles for the students to ride. Sturdy gear is required and students are responsible to bring their own. The area is approximately 175' x 80'. There are 10 exercises that build on one another to teach the main techniques in my book and online course. Most exercises are 10-12 mph (I know, that's hardly "fast"). On the small bikes in a parking lot it feels fast.  Practicing these skills in this environment provides confidence that can be transferred to larger bikes.

It's a fun course. I have "challenges" in several exercises related to precision and suspension control...the rider with the most points at end of day gets a special "prize." I have drinks and snacks. A basic lunch is provided. The student/coach ratio is 4/1 (and sometimes 4/2).

While plenty of the exercises are thrilling to a point, the last exercise is designed to bring it all together. One rider at a time gets to demonstrate and solidify the skills taught in the course. This last exercise is the most autocross style, or ride a slow bike fast, component of the course.

• Like 4

Jon I signed up on your web page, but it did not have a payment option.  Or I missed it.  But William noted he paid.  Just let me know, how to pay you after the fact.  thanks

• Like 1

You may send him an old fashioned check.   (GASP, I know).  I read it on the intro page.  I paid via modern method through the world wide web - PayPal.  :grin:

Hit his link at the beginning of this thread and scroll down to payment & registration for details on where to mail the check to.  If you use a CC, there is a 3.6% processing fee, so be aware of that.

• Like 2
Jon DelVecchio
On 2/15/2022 at 12:10 PM, randy said:

Jon I signed up on your web page, but it did not have a payment option.  Or I missed it.  But William noted he paid.  Just let me know, how to pay you after the fact.  thanks

Payment for the June 2022 UN Rally Trail Braking Camp training event can be done either by check or credit card. I accept checks because they are easy to mail and there are no added processing fees. I accept credit cards through PayPal for convenience. You don't need a PayPal account, and there is 3.6% fee added which goes to PayPal, in this case $13.63, for this convenience. 

Payment options are listed as "step 2" in the registration process (after completing the registration form) at this page.

Payment options:
  • Payment by check. Mail check payable to “Street Skills LLC” to Street Skills LLC, PO BOX 191, Churchville, NY 14428. Tuition payment amount is $350.
  • Credit card option: Visit this link  and scroll down to the appropriate course date of your choice and "Add to Cart" (note: 3.6% processing fee applies). Once the shopping cart appears, please verify the quantity of students is correct (Street Skills pays additional fees to PayPal when refunding mistaken extra quantities). Click “Checkout with PayPal” to complete the sale.
I apologize for any confusion. 

• Like 2
Jon DelVecchio
13 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

Watching "Big Randy" ride a Grom will be worth the price of admission.

I charge extra for entertainment. :19:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, randy said:

Jon, you can sell tickets, but I want a CUT :18:

WAIT A MINUTE.  I'm the promoter.  I get a cut, too.  Randy is a big ole sack o' taters an' this here's gonna be good!!

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
2 hours ago, randy said:

4 cows gave up their lives so I could be protected. 

Just think of all the methane gas it also reduced for our planet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Indy Dave unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...
Jon DelVecchio

Just wanted to jump into the thread to say things are right on track for the UN Rally June 2022 Trail Braking Camps. 

At this time there is 1 opening left for Monday, June 27 and 2 openings left for Tuesday, June 28.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them here or contact me directly. I'm looking forward to the rally!

Jon

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Jon DelVecchio
2 hours ago, Motorhead1977 said:

Just signed up for the last available spot for Tuesday 6/28! Really looking forward to it. :18:

Super! 2022 kickoff course in Rochester NY tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Indy Dave changed the title to ** SOLD OUT** UN RALLY Trail Braking Camp course By Jon DelVecchio June 27 & 28
  • 4 weeks later...
Jon DelVecchio

Only a couple weeks to go!

I plan on arriving at the resort Saturday afternoon (June 25) and can be found in the Ski Lodge parking lot. On Sunday I'll be setting up for Monday and Tuesday courses. Feel free to stop by and say hello. 

I plan on staying Wednesday to enjoy the rally and riding in the area before heading home on Thursday.

• Like 3
Jon DelVecchio
17 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Are you going to be riding one of your Groms in the area?  :grin:

I'll be riding a Grom around the resort property here and there like a pit bike. But if I leave the place I'll be on a full size motorcycle!

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Jon DelVecchio

Breaking News! 

I received a last minute cancellation for the Tuesday June 28 class. 

I'll be using the time stamp on this registration form if multiple people jump on it.

Please contact me asap if interested.

Jon

• Indy Dave changed the title to ** ONE SPOT OPEN** UN RALLY Trail Braking Camp course By Jon DelVecchio June 27 & 28
  • Indy Dave pinned this topic
Jon DelVecchio
22 hours ago, Jon DelVecchio said:

Breaking News! 

Tuesday's opening has been FILLED!

If you're still interested, please send me a message to get on the waiting list.

• Indy Dave unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
Jon DelVecchio

I want to thank all the Rally Planners, especially my contact Indy Dave, for inviting me to teach my Trail Braking Camp course at the rally. Monday's class had a short weather delay, but went quite perfectly after that. Tuesday's group was another home run. 

I'd also like to mention that the BMW MOA Foundation provided substantial grants (reimbursement checks) to the course participants.

It was a great rally.

tbcunr7.jpg

tbcunr3.jpg

tbcunr1.jpg

tbcunr2.jpg

tbcur42.jpg

tbcunr41.jpg

• Like 6

Great Job and Thanks Jon for the class and the prize books! I'll post some video as well.

20220627_141026.thumb.jpg.1171b7af23901dc0f29ae540dcda57fe.jpg

• Like 5

Had a great time. You put together a well thought out program. Great attending with everyone. The best of luck going forward.

Jon DelVecchio
7 hours ago, Lowndes said:

The MOA check came today!!

THANKS, Jon!!

Yeah, they don’t mess around. Enjoy!

• Like 1