IGNORED

Some LEO's are really, really, really, really, just plain cool

Rougarou

On my way home from work today, I'm driving the wife's truck since there still be some ice patches here and there, I exited one hwy onto another hwy.  The two lanes I wanted to merge into were a bit full, but there be a gap up ahead.  The exit/entry ramp was 3/4 mile long, plenty of space, so, I throttle the 6.0 and roll the pickup from 70ish to 80ish and pull ahead of the little car that was leading the pack.  Behind the little car was a black chevy pickup, when I passed the little car, the chevy scooted right, passed the little car and got a distance behind me.  Meh, chaser I thought,....until...........damn blue lights started from the grill, I immediately flick the right blinker on, start rolling onto the shoulder and black chevy speeds up to come along side me,......I thought odd, he should be behind me ready with his inkstick and pad, but no, he was on the side of me and giving me the hand signal to slow down.  My last look at the speedo, was 84,......the speed limit,......55,......yep, some LEOs are really, really, really just plain cool!!!

• Like 6
  • Plus 1 1

Gotta like that!

Last time I got pulled over, he asked "Do you know why I stopped you?"

I said "You had to, I was being an idiot!"

He laughed, checked my license, and sent me on my way, not a word of don't do that again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I was riding to work one morning on the GS.  There is group of really nice sweepers on the route provided you are moving somewhere in the neighborhood of 80mph.  And the speed limit is 55.  About a 1/4 mile or so before the curves a F250 pulls out in front of me.  Of course there's a double yellow, but that just for other folks right. I blast by the truck some where north of 90, strafe the curves and slow down as there is a small town ahead with a school zone.  As I check my mirrors I see the F250s grill filled with blue lights.  Crap, I just lost my license for a spell!  Deputy walks up to the bike and asks if Im late for work.  I said no but it looks like thats fixin to change.  I also commented that he was cheating with a F250 as a patrol vehicle.  He laughed asked for my license and said if it came back good he would let me go.  Came back handed me my license, commented on the bike and sent me on my way.  Not even a lecture!  

• Like 4

One of the old guys I know got stopped on his R1, cop came up a little ticked off, the guy pulls his helmet off and now the copper sees he's an old fart. He is a little surprised, says something to the effect "You're a little old to be riding like that aren't you?"

They have a nice talk and off he goes, all good.

• Like 2

Just reminded me of another story, I'm ripping down the freeway, traffic is bunching up, I maybe do a few lane maneuvers to clear my way, and right as I get to the head of the line, I see the issue, a highway trooper driving along, everyone staying behind him. Except me. Crap. I pass him, look over and give him a nod, kind of motion that I'll meet him up there a ways, and move over to let him stop me.

As they often do, he asks, do you know why I stopped you?

"Trooper, everyone knows why you stopped me. They're all cheering as they go by the two of us."

A chuckle, license check, and on my way. But at least he said, "Just slow down a little."

Yessir, as I may have accelerated back into traffic a little harder and louder than needed.

I really can't believe my last moving violation was in 1985.

• Like 2

A few months ago I was scouting some of Trans Fla in the suv over in the panhandle, I purposely went past my turnoff to check out the small town of Lee. Took a connector back to my road that appeared pretty interesting with some curves. Approaching the stop sign a newish non descript Dodge pickup went by at a pretty slow pace, I’m thinking drat I really don’t want to be behind that guy on this cool 8 mile section. 

Followed him a couple miles at an agonizing pace then a long straight section appeared but still with double yellow, it was now or never. As I pulled out into the other lane blue lights started flashing, by now I was beside him we both rolled down our windows and he goes what the heck are you doing? I said sorry and tucked back in behind, he smiled and waved : )

• Smile 1

My interactions with coppers when I have sinned have generally been pretty good. I think it’s been a combination of conduct, attitude and white hair. And, whether in a cage or on two wheels, remembering that traffic stops are a perilous situation for officers. Doing your best to allay their anxiety goes a long way to avoiding a ticket. A retired LEO I recently talked to said that “You’ve really gotta make me want to ticket you” in order to write a citation. Not universal, but something to bear in mind.

• Like 2

Similar situation occurred to me, that others have experienced.  I used to live in Southern California, in North San Diego County.  There's a long stretch of the I5 highway that passes through Camp Pendleton, i.e. no stops unless you're a Marine, and only a couple of those.  When traffic is light in the mornings, if you're at any speed under 80, some little old grandma is liable to run you over, shaking her fist at ya as she goes by.  😁  Well, running that daily on my older RT, it gets monotonous.  When you're commuting an hour a day each way, you tend to try erase the miles.   My average there was between 90 and 100 MPH.    When I hit San Juan Capistrano (first city outside of Pendleton), I normally drop down to something closer to the speed limit, perhaps 75 mph. 

Well, one day there was nearly NO traffic all the way in, I was feeling good, and I just held speed a little longer.  There's a long sweeper along that stretch of freeway, where it rounds an outcropping which (then unbeknownst to me) includes a California HIghway Patrol substation, along with an onramp.   No idea how fast I was going, but it could have been over 90 MPH - I doubt it was faster.  Well, I pretty much just left off the gas, and dropped speed, looping a long turn, switching lanes into the coming carpool lane.  As I did, yep, here came the lights, from WAY back.  

I was sure he was just on an emergency run, that there was no way he had clocked me (and perhaps he didn't).  But sure enough, as I moved over to let him pass, he moved too, and finally told me over the speakers to pull the heck off the road.  It wasn't an "officer friendly" moment.   (At that point, I was in the carpool lane, and didn't want to exit ahead of the opening, i.e. another moving violation, until the officer urged me in plain language to do so.)  When I pulled over, got off the bike, the CHP unit had pulled off ahead of me, they guy leaped out of his vehicle, and marched up toward me.   He grabbed my helmet and opened my face shield to look at my face, and said "How old ARE you?!"    The context there is that a horrendous number of young Marines come off deployment, and during that period, off combat deployments, feeling grateful to be alive and also, invincible.   They'd take their pay, buy a crotch rocket, and kill themselves within 72 hours of coming home.  Over, and over again.  Killed, or injured, due to motorcycle mishaps, usually while drinking.  So, this officer assumed I was one of those statistics waiting to happen.

Then he asked if I had an emergency I was attending to.   I replied, "just a few minutes late for work".  He asked what time I had to be there, and at that point, it was about 10 minutes from my officer hours, and I was a half hour away.  He replied, "Well, unless  you can bend time, you're not gonna make it.  SLOW DOWN!!"   He turned on his heel, and off he went.   Yeah, it did slow me down, for a while, at least.

I've had mostly good interactions with LEO's over the years.   I learned pretty early on about the risks of car stops, and have always tried to keep the car well lit, with my hands in clear view.   

(Rant warning!!!!)  The only time in about 50 years of driving that I was ticked off at officers doing their duty, was after the Oceanside PD decided to make traffic enforcement a profit center.    One incident was a rolling stop in a residential neighborhood, traveling no more than 3 MPH through the intersection.  We're talking no where NEAR a main, or feeder road, i.e. inside my housing tract, was where this guy was camping.  I thought that odd, and unnecessary traffic enforcement.   If I had been moving 35 or 40 MPH in a residential area and not 20-25, yeah, maybe he'd have cause to write the paper.  Who runs a "speed trap" in a residential neighborhood?  Well, my daughter (who was with me on that trip) did some research, and discovered that in our neighborhood of perhaps 200 homes, the local PD had written over 120 tickets over the previous year!!   Again, we're not talking feeder roads or local highways, but INSIDE the residential subdivision.   That's NOT the way to earn good will for a local PD.  (I might be mistake at that.  That figure might have been two months or six months, but the figure was just astronomical.)

Second incident with that PD (second, within 2 months, after 30 years without a citation!), I was traveling on the RT about 58 MPH up a 55 MPH highway, which at that point, was going up a gradual incline.  I knew that the OPD was running a speed trap at that intersection, i.e. a motor officer with sit near the concrete median at that intersection, and pop people as they passed by in either direction.   The median covered the bike sufficiently that most drivers never noticed he was there.  However, he was there every day, for years, and I knew he would be there.  I rolled up behind traffic stopped at that light, lane split to the front of the pack, nodded to him with a friendly 'Hi", and he returned the courtesy.   The light turns green, I pull ahead, and he spins around the intersection, accelerates past other traffic, to light me up.  He says "62 MPH in a 55 MPH zone".  I said "WTF???".  I had been monitoring speed up that incline for over a mile.  I KNEW what my speed was, and I didn't crack 60 MPH at any point.  I was polite in my disagreement.  He was polite in writing that ticket. 

It was an obvious quota system, which they instituted right after the police union stacked the City Council and Mayor's race, spending $500,000 on an election where the most that had ever been spent was $12,000.  Immediately after that, came the contract which paid on average, $175,000 a year per officer, about a 60% increase.  After that, traffic tickets soared.

Anyhow, my history and relationship with LEO's goes deeper than I'm talking about, back to college, before I joined the Navy.  Always have had respect, but it hasn't always been earned or deserved.  LEO's are human, human beings have faults, and that's just life.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mike said:

My interactions with coppers when I have sinned have generally been pretty good. I think it’s been a combination of conduct, attitude and white hair. And, whether in a cage or on two wheels, remembering that traffic stops are a perilous situation for officers. Doing your best to allay their anxiety goes a long way to avoiding a ticket. A retired LEO I recently talked to said that “You’ve really gotta make me want to ticket you” in order to write a citation. Not universal, but something to bear in mind.

It was a good chuckle to hear Paul Mihalka talk about getting pulled over with his "OLD FRT" license plate and pulling his helmet off to reveal his octogenarian self.   

• Like 2

Two Leo experiences drastically different. Summit County, Colorado Sheriff Deputy pulled me over on a mountain road for passing an SUV on double yellow. We had a nice chat ending with him saying the double yellows are not really valid for powerful motorcycles but try not to abuse it, have a nice day.  Small town cop in Alabama: 81 in a 55,   cost me $3500.

Couple of years ago, heading to JFK airport  with BIL and wives. He’s driving through central Jersey RT 202,  but I advise a backroad shortcut. Sure enough, we come over a rise in a 40mph zone, and there is a LEO with radar. For whatever reason, I wish the cop a good morning, and ask how he’s doing. He says pretty good, hands my BIL his paperwork and says have a good trip.

22 minutes ago, WhoolyBully said:

Small town cop in Alabama: 81 in a 55,   cost me $3500

Ouch ^ :eek:

Up State NY, we were coming out of a small town and the 50 MPH sign was a couple hundred feet in front of me. I broke 50 before passing the sign. $300.00 bucks! :mad: Young cop probably had a quota to fill.

I did bitch & moan about it but ended up realizing I deserved it and probably got off cheap. We did a lot of speeding on that trip. :spittake:

When we were shopping for our house, I had my wife, youngest daughter and sister in law in the truck,....I hit the interstate, pressed the skinny pedal, popped a hill, blue lights awaited me on the other side.  He asked how fast I was doing,....I said, "75-80, but I hadn't hit cruising speed yet",.....he wasn't in a humorous mood, so I got that 80 in a 65 thing going for me......nifty thing is, you get the ticket, it's a quick painless way to pay for 'em now-a-days, so, I stuck the ticket in my "receipt box" on the side of the fridge, wife does her monthly bill consolidation and pays it, no biggie.

Might've told this before but if so it's been a long time. A friend of a friend was speeding through some small town that got him on photo radar. He got a citation in the mail with his speed, the amount of the fine and a picture of his car and license plate. He laid out the amount in cash took a picture of it and sent the photo back. They sent him back a picture of handcuffs : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On honesty…Years before the FD I was a self-employed gravel hauler. I was trucking a load of dirt to the local plant from up north somewhere. As I was getting off the interstate’s southbound side, a state police truck team vehicle was exiting from the northbound side.

Me being the genius and thinking the load may have been a little heavy I decided to go left instead of right to the plant. I was pretty sure that’s where he was going to set up for weight checks. I’ll just go grab a sandwich and wait it out. See smart! :yes:

As I roll out, I get lit up with the blues. (damnit that wasn’t the plan) Anyway, he asks why I’m going this way when the plant is the other? 

In a split second bit of honesty and hoping he might get a chuckle I said I saw you getting off the interstate on the other side, is why. He didn’t get the joke and had me follow him down to the local police station. (where I assume he ran me for warrants) :dontknow:

Couldn't hang me there so he weighed the truck with his portable scales. Now the numbers are foggy (longtime not dealing with that stuff) but I believe I weighed 102,000 pounds. The overweight permit I had was good for 103 thousand pounds! :yes:

The nice officer then informed me that the permit expired the day before. :classic_ohmy: 

$700 bucks to the state! 

I've gotten a warning doing 90 in a 55 zone on a V65 Honda Sabre and been ticketed for 8 over in an 80 zone.  Better than how the other way around could have gone.  (The 90 was passing 3 cars, one an unmarked sheriff)

• Smile 1
32 minutes ago, TEDZ said:

I've gotten a warning doing 90 in a 55 zone on a V65 Honda Sabre and been ticketed for 8 over in an 80 zone.  Better than how the other way around could have gone.  (The 90 was passing 3 cars, one an unmarked sheriff)

Reminds me of when I was just out of Navy school and headed to my duty station in San Diego, transiting Georgia to California in about four days.   I was passing through a long, lonely stretch of highway in Arizona, coming up on a line of traffic that was probably crawling along at, maybe 75 MPH.   Well, I had just finished passing the last car, when I passed an Arizona state police cruiser, with an officer standing next to it, who was signaling EVERYONE to pull over, every car in that stack.   He walked up ahead to my car first,  and I was braced for a very, ruined day.   As I opened the window, he looked down at my window, where my DOD parking sticker and blue "Officer's" stripe was, then looked at the short haired (then!) young man in the driver's seat.  The first thing he asked was "Sir, are you in the Navy?"  I replied that yes, I was.  He said, "Sir, slow down and have a nice trip."  He turned, started walking back to the next vehicle, pulled his ticket book, and started writing down license plate information. 😁

Like I said in my last post, prior to 2015, I hadn't had a traffic ticket in probably 30 years, but that doesn't mean I wasn't stopped.    Most LEO's on traffic duty are doing just what their job description states, i.e. "traffic safety", and I'm glad they're out there.  They need to stop all the OTHER unsafe drivers and riders, to keep us all safe.  🤣🤣🤣

A friend of mine traveling with his family, he is not small and not pretty, female officer walks up to the car, asks if he knows why she stopped him. He says "I figured you just wanted to check this out" as he runs his hands down his body. She catches herself for a second, starts laughing, his wife is mortified, and on their way they go.

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Hosstage said:

A friend of mine traveling with his family, he is not small and not pretty, female officer walks up to the car, asks if he knows why she stopped him. He says "I figured you just wanted to check this out" as he runs his hands down his body. She catches herself for a second, starts laughing, his wife is mortified, and on their way they go.

A couple of off-topics, but "mortifying the wife" line:

Sometimes, when we're riding together, at a stop light, if it's a multi-lane and I have an audience.  I'll start flailing my arms and point my fingers at her, mouth/yelling with an angry face until the light turns green and we drive away.  She just looks at me mid-way and starts laughing.  When you catch the eyes of the nearby drivers, it's them looking on like a WTF moment.

Other times, at restaurants, server will generally drop her meal to her first, then  when they go to put my plate in front of me, I say, "that's her's too", most actually start putting the plate in front of her until they either catch themselves or my wife says to quit messing with them.

Back to the lawdogs.

I did get nabbed for no registration, no insurance and 65 in a 45 once.  I just dropped a radiator in one of the MGs that I had, so, decide to try to boil water.  Cars not registered, no plates, speedo, half-assed works (bounces).  So, I'm cruising along a back road and state boy blue lights me.  Ask if I know how fast I was going, I swag'd "bout 50", "no sir, I clocked you at 65", "really, this little car was doing 65, I'm impressed, now I can pop on the interstate", "no sir, you have to park the car as you have no plates".  So, he invites me into his brand new Charger, and commences to write me up.   I'm like damn.  So, he asks, "What's the make of that car", I say "MG",......it doesn't pull up,....so I say "Morris Garage", nope, like that woulda pulled up anyway.  He just list make as "unknown".......glad he didn't ask for the model, "B".   Hands me the tickets, says I can't drive the car, but also throws in a "Once I'm gone, do what you need to do".  I say "thank you, have a great day"

So, still being of the active duty part, I speak with a local Marine recruiter.  Recruiters generally deal with DA's and ADA's quite a bit in running records checks and "uh, hum" other issues.  The local recruiter says his wife actually works at the DA's office, so, that ticket sorta disappeared........

• Like 1

As long as we are telling funny traffic ticket stories, here a good one:

In Baton Rouge there was an old and notorious city judge, Hawk Daniels. I was 18, out riding my Honda CL100 Scrambler in the parish land fill. I crashed and broke the the face shield on my 3/4 helmet. I headed home with no shield and got stopped by a city cop and got a ticket for no face protections. Being young and stupid I went to court planning to plea my innocence since the face shield had been broken in the crash and was unusable. When my case was called Judge Daniels rad the charge and  ordered me to approach the bench. He stared down at me for a minute and then said: "Son, with a face like yours, you don't need any protection, case dismissed."

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Hey Rougarou - trust me on this, don't think that they are going to be that cool around Cary/Raleigh area. A few years ago when driving around Raleigh's belt line I received a performance award by one of our finest. Long story short, nice guy and all, pleasant interactions just when I asked if he could give me a warning he said, "Once we clock you it's in the computer system and we have to ticket."

1 hour ago, Sonor said:

Hey Rougarou - trust me on this, don't think that they are going to be that cool around Cary/Raleigh area. A few years ago when driving around Raleigh's belt line I received a performance award by one of our finest. Long story short, nice guy and all, pleasant interactions just when I asked if he could give me a warning he said, "Once we clock you it's in the computer system and we have to ticket."

Ya, I don't believe the "once we clock you thing" as I've been "clocked" and let go.  Not in your neck of the woods, but over here in the Piedmont area. 

My wife was pulled once for doing 60-45,....when the LEO got to her window,....he asked "Who was the Marine?" ....with a chuckle.  The plate on the back of her truck is "PRC-E7",.....which is "Prick E-7",.....which is Gunnery Sergeant.  She let him know it was me and he let her go.....that was 'bout a year ago.  Lawdogs have discretion on writing one,......at least I'd hope they do.

I got clocked goin 103 in a 55 here in Eastern Carolina a few years back. Asked me what the f  I was doing. Politely told him I just wanted to open it up a bit and did not realize my speed. He had a few more choice words for me and sent me on my way. No ticket

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Rougarou said:

A couple of off-topics, but "mortifying the wife" line:

Sometimes, when we're riding together, at a stop light, if it's a multi-lane and I have an audience.  I'll start flailing my arms and point my fingers at her, mouth/yelling with an angry face until the light turns green and we drive away.  She just looks at me mid-way and starts laughing.  When you catch the eyes of the nearby drivers, it's them looking on like a WTF moment.

Other times, at restaurants, server will generally drop her meal to her first, then  when they go to put my plate in front of me, I say, "that's her's too", most actually start putting the plate in front of her until they either catch themselves or my wife says to quit messing with them.

Hmm, is it time to start that corollary thread yet, i.e., "Some wives are really really really really just plain cool"?

(There are men out there who wouldn't survive the day doing those kind of things, to their wives.) 😏

🤣🤣🤣👍👍

11 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

That's a day late and 700 dollars short!!

Hmm, I thought maybe it was more like "failing the attitude test", but then, you'd know more about that stuff than I do.  😏

9 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

Hmm, is it time to start that corollary thread yet, i.e., "Some wives are really really really really just plain cool"?

(There are men out there who wouldn't survive the day doing those kind of things, to their wives.) 😏

🤣🤣🤣👍👍

You really should hear how we communicate,....there are people that have questioned us on why we tell each other things so bluntly,....we got that all out in the beginning,.....that we'd be bluntly honest with each other.  It works for us, 26+ years, and not a single argument, none, zero, no yelling at each other, none of that.  We've disagreed, and respected the others position on the disagreement and moved on, but never have we argued about anything.

• Smile 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 1/22/2022 at 7:09 AM, Mike said:

I think you hit it with conduct and putting the LEO at ease.  Years ago I read Pilgrim's write-up, "You and John Law," and I think following those precepts helped me get out of a couple of legit citations when I was on my bike.  In both cases they were on the interstate highway, so when the cop walked up to me the first thing I did was ask if I could dismount so we could both step away from traffic.  A distressing number of cops are injured or killed during traffic stops due to other cars plowing through the scene, even in good weather, so right off the bat this reduces one hazard.  Carry on not looking like any kind of threat yourself: step well down slope off of the pavement, plant your feet, and put your hands together in front of you, and stay like that for the discussion.  If he asks for your license and docs, tell him where they are and ask for permission before you reach.  When he goes back to his vehicle, stay rooted to the spot, hands in front of you (smart to stand facing oncoming traffic so you can jump if someone looks like they're going to crash into your traffic stop).  If the cop never sees you wandering or fidgeting, that's a good thing.  Both times I did this, the cop let me go with a verbal warning after checking my record.  The nature/severity of your infraction and the prevailing mood of the cop may override the influence of your own good behavior, but it generally seems like a good idea to sway the odds in your favor whenever you can.  

One other cool cop, from last summer:

I was riding on Huron River Drive, a local scenic road.  Speed limit is 35 the whole way, but I was doing more like 50 at one point.  Up ahead a cop was standing outside of his car with his radar gun.  He had me dead to rights before I could slow down, but instead of pursuing, he just gave me a stern look and a finger wag as I rode by, kinda like this guy.

rpfingerwag.thumb.jpg.6619d9dc2f8c14ff2869d28a5ee048b7.jpg

We lost two Leo’s yesterday. One was shot by the usual thug in a traffic stop. The second was an off-duty motor Leo leading a wide load down a service road. Impatient driver sped around the wide load and hit the motorcycle killing him. 

update.. driver that hit motor Leo was drunk

• Sad 2

Here’s a shameful cop story. My shame. 

A couple years ago I was on my bike heading south on I 93 and came upon a state cop physically struggling with a driver. He had control but the person wasn’t cuffed yet. Split second decision, pull in and offer assistance???? I didn’t. :classic_blush: (didn’t want to alarm the cop and distract him from his business) It’s the only excuse I can come up with to relieve the little bit of guilt I have. :dontknow: 

3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

A couple years ago I was on my bike heading south on I 93 and came upon a state cop physically struggling with a driver. He had control but the person wasn’t cuffed yet. Split second decision, pull in and offer assistance???? I didn’t. :classic_blush: (didn’t want to alarm the cop and distract him from his business) It’s the only excuse I can come up with to relieve the little bit of guilt I have. :dontknow: 

You're not alone on that concern.   Since I carry (open and concealed), I've frequently "thought out" how I'd respond to different "scenarios" (i.e. my "Walter Mitty" moments🙄).  I can't envision a situation  where I'd be less than terrified, entering a fight like that.  Officers involved in the middle of chaos have no idea who's a good guy or who's with the bad guy(s).  You pull up, and dive in just as another officer arrives on the scene, and then in his mind there are two "bad guys" threatening a fellow officer.  I know I wouldn't do nothing, if I recognized the situation, but you're "danged if you do, danged if you don't" to some extent.   I've had a LEO mistakenly draw down on me, and it wasn't comfortable.

We all just have to do what we think is best.  We all want to do the right thing.  Upon reflection, you have regrets, which means that you'd do it differently if faced with the same situation.  You're one of the good guys! 👍🍻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Scott, your thoughts made a lot of sense! :thumbsup:

I have this other little issue of guilt that maybe you can help me with. Whenever I’m stopped, my wallet always seems to open like this. :dontknow:

Sometimes it works, sometimes it don’t! :rofl:

image.thumb.jpeg.a61487c8db9eaf8aedefc572826c41a1.jpeg

Spoiler

I’m kidding. I use a hundred dollar bill :-))

Spoiler

No I’m really just kidding.

• Haha 1

A little more levity.. A buddy went to The Citadel in the 60’s and would drive back to Charleston from Jax on Sunday evenings always trying to beat his previous time (no I-95 through there then just 2 lane). One night he passed two cars a ways apart, he didn’t realize one was a Leo chasing another car. The cop stopped chasing the Corvette and went after my buddy. When he finally caught him he goes that’s the first time I’ve ever been passed when I was chasing someone else, I think he let him go : )

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I have this other little issue of guilt that maybe you can help me with. Whenever I’m stopped, my wallet always seems to open like this. :dontknow:

Hide contents

Hide contents

We used to have a guy ride with us a lot, he was a retired NYC policeman and firefighter. Whenever we’d get stopped for speeding or something stupid (I was usually leading) he’d walk back to the officer and ask for a professional courtesy. It usually worked but with a small lecture : )

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I'd have no guilt in passing that up.  In the moment you get to pulling over, LEO subdues the bad guy, adrenaline is pumping through his veins, you may be easily confused as coming to help out the bad guy.

It's a hard call, but until there's the "good samaritan" laws that get passed everywhere, no guilt trip from me,.........I seen you help a nice lady get a bee outta her car, so you got that going for you.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Well, looks like ya got all the essentials for a traffic stop, there.😏

Yeah, my neighbor, the retired fire captain is JUST like that too.  He's an a**hole, and has convinced me everyone with that kinda wallet's an a**hole, too.

(But, sometimes a**holes are best friends, too.  Takes all kinds.  🤣🤣🤣)

Appreciate your service 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

shameful cop story

Having been in that situation, citizen approaches and says, "Do you want help?"..... I replied, "Yes" and told him what to do........ and we all lived happily ever after (except the DUI who went to jail.)

No worries Pat, I know you hose draggers will help out when the chips are down....:18:

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I seen you help a nice lady get a bee outta her car, so you got that going for you.

I’m not recollecting that at the moment but yesterday returning to the station from a call a lady pulled out on the vehicle directly in front of us. Bam, tee boned, air bag deployed. She’s dazed, sitting in the smoke filled cabin. (from air bags) She was unhurt and fit enough to slide over the console with some assistance. :thumbsup:

Funny when you actually witness them.

4 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I’m not recollecting that at the moment but yesterday returning to the station from a call a lady pulled out on the vehicle directly in front of us. Bam, tee boned, air bag deployed. She’s dazed, sitting in the smoke filled cabin. (from air bags) She was unhurt and fit enough to slide over the console with some assistance. :thumbsup:

Funny when you actually witness them.

We were at a fuel farm and a younger lady came up to us 'cause she had a bee in her car, you and Ninja Jim immediately reacted to eradicate the bee from her car.

• Haha 1