IGNORED

Can't change email address

eisenwal

I have a new email and can't change from old one. I keep getting some error message about login name and password don't match. I got locked out a couple of times. How to change email and keep everything else the same for login etc.?

3 hours ago, Eisenwal said:

I have a new email and can't change from old one. I keep getting some error message about login name and password don't match. I got locked out a couple of times. How to change email and keep everything else the same for login etc.?

The site recognizes Members two ways ... either by your screen name and password OR email address and password.  Having the correct email is important if you forget your password as the auto reset sends an email to the address on file.

To change your email address ... click on your screen name in the upper right to display the drop down menu and select Account Settings

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 7.57.48 AM.png

On the next screen select Email Addresses

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 7.58.12 AM.png

which will display where you change the address

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 8.03.20 AM.png

When a site seems to work for everyone but me, It often helps to sign out and clear my cookies for that site.

Then log back in and try again.  

1 hour ago, eisenwal said:

Same problem. Error message that something is incorrect and lockout.

Ok, so it looks like you've waited for the auto timeout of the lock and then logged in ... so what changed between the aborted attempt and the successful login ?

If this persists , as Ikraus suggests, clearing you browser cache may help.