IGNORED

This has happened (new GSA).....

beemerboy

After an aborted attempt last summer to order through the local authorized dealer, this baby arrived last Wednesday courtesy of BMW of Denver:

IMG_5150-XL.jpg

IMG_5157-XL.jpg

DSC02825-X3.jpg

66267072521__2B479B03-CCF1-4323-844C-841

A special thanks to @Mike for his posts in reply to my luggage and related questions. A set of Bumot's are supposed to arrive today via FedEx.

• Like 9
  • beemerboy changed the title to This has happened (new GSA).....
22 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

You got to see her hatch :spittake: that’s cool! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Tewks. The salesman emailed me that morning to announce its arrival. For expediency's sake, I asked him to take copious photos until I could get there and he did. The full story is that it took a while to add additional lighting so I ended up getting the GSA then following day. @hopz, AKA Bad Bob Stovall, accompanied me the next day to assist with the pick up/trailering back to Colorado Springs. Trailer. Yes, I used the "T" word. I wasn't comfortable riding a VERY new-to-me bike in metro Denver traffic then onto the interstate. As it turns out, it was the right thing to do because Thursday was very, very windy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Randy, don’t tell anyone but my last few long distance bike rides included a truck / trailer. :spittake: Beautiful Bike, congrats! :thumbsup:

• Smile 1
  • Sad 1
30 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Randy, don’t tell anyone but my last few long distance bike rides included a truck / trailer. :spittake: Beautiful Bike, congrats! :thumbsup:

facepalm23-S.jpg

Doood, you just outed yourself in public. This will not look good on your permanent record.....

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, beemerboy said:

After an aborted attempt last summer to order through the local authorized dealer, this baby arrived last Wednesday courtesy of BMW of Denver:

IMG_5150-XL.jpg

IMG_5157-XL.jpg

DSC02825-X3.jpg

66267072521__2B479B03-CCF1-4323-844C-841

A special thanks to @Mike for his posts in reply to my luggage and related questions. A set of Bumot's are supposed to arrive today via FedEx.

Slightly late present from SantaBMW, but I think it'll work out.  👍😏

As has been said, I wish you many safe, and adventurous miles.   (Ya never know when your "last" new bike, is your last new bike.  I recommend that you treat this like the best and last riding opportunity of your life, give thanks, and ENJOY!!) 

23 hours ago, beemerboy said:

facepalm23-S.jpg

Doood, you just outed yourself in public. This will not look good on your permanent record.....

Interstate 84 to interstate 81 South.

Interstate 70 West through Kansas. Nuff said! :facepalm:

Randy, I’ve posted an off the cuff Christmas Poem. There’s really nothing left….:rofl:

Have you had a chance to put on any miles yet? :revit:

49 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Interstate 84 to interstate 81 South.

Interstate 70 West through Kansas. Nuff said! :facepalm:

Randy, I’ve posted an off the cuff Christmas Poem. There’s really nothing left….:rofl:

Have you had a chance to put on any miles yet? :revit:

A paltry 45 miles. Alas, I have a business to run and must abide to Mother Nature and her proclivities. In addition to that, this is Colorado and I have another mistress to obey - alpine skiing. What to do.....what to do....

Recent storms here in Colorado have been a boon to business so it's a mixed blessing, Tewks. One has to do what one must do when the opportunity arises. I will offer you this, today I installed a new set of Bumot hard bags and a matching tool box. So I got that going for me.....

• Like 2

The day was fun.

The Dealership was hospitable.

We did not hit anything coming or going.

It was COLD! It was WINDY!

IT WAS FUN!

Lunch was good.

Traffic Crazy.

Glad we were in the car with a trailer.

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

Nice! 

Just a few days before you, I rode up from COS and bought a '22 GS they (Denver) had on the floor.  Good call on the trailer! More high winds today...

• Plus 1 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/19/2022 at 4:20 PM, TEWKS said:

We knew it happened because we sees pictures…;) :grin:

You're wise.

IMG_6363-XL.jpg

IMG_6289-XL.jpg

• Like 2

I really, really like that bike.  But, just as I start thinking about putting "wants" into reality, my left ankle starts aching, telling me "Just wtf are you thinking about?!! 😲".

My left ankle can be SO very persuasive, at times.   (He don't know that he's gonna get himself fused one of these days if he doesn't shut the heck up, and then we'll see who's laughing!) 😏

Scott,

I really, really like it, too. One thing I'll admit is that the GSA is a lot bigger in real life than it appears in photos. A. LOT. BIGGER. The weight distribution is unlike any bike I've owned since I re-entered motorcycle riding in '02.

• Like 1

My wise comment was directed at Jan (but in a nice way). Unless I missed it, no pics of his new GS. :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

But, you can never post enough pictures of Colorado and your GSA motorcycle. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 5/21/2022 at 2:57 PM, TEWKS said:

My wise comment was directed at Jan (but in a nice way). Unless I missed it, no pics of his new GS. :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

But, you can never post enough pictures of Colorado and your GSA motorcycle. :thumbsup:

I've got a few now.  I'll post in mototalk sometime soon.

• Like 2