IGNORED

A Little Wimpy at High Speed?

Randyjaco

I am enjoying my new bike, but it seems a little anemic at 90 to 100mph. The bike is a 2017 RT with only 4.5 k miles. I noticed the problem during my first shake down ride. It feels like it's not getting enough fuel or air at high speed. The first thing I did about a thousand miles ago was to throw in some fuel injector cleaner, thinking it might have been bad gas. The next was to hook the bike up to my GS911. There were no engine related faults. I did find that the rev limiter was on, so I cleared it. I presumed that I had solved the problem. Well, it is a little better, but has nowhere near the oomph of my F800ST. I have yet to check the air filter or spark plugs, but will soon. At most engine speeds, the bike has lots of power, but at RPMs above 5k it is a little disappointing. Any ideas to what the issue might be?

18 minutes ago, Randyjaco said:

I am enjoying my new bike, but it seems a little anemic at 90 to 100mph. The bike is a 2017 RT with only 4.5 k miles. I noticed the problem during my first shake down ride. It feels like it's not getting enough fuel or air at high speed. The first thing I did about a thousand miles ago was to throw in some fuel injector cleaner, thinking it might have been bad gas. The next was to hook the bike up to my GS911. There were no engine related faults. I did find that the rev limiter was on, so I cleared it. I presumed that I had solved the problem. Well, it is a little better, but has nowhere near the oomph of my F800ST. I have yet to check the air filter or spark plugs, but will soon. At most engine speeds, the bike has lots of power, but at RPMs above 5k it is a little disappointing. Any ideas to what the issue might be?

Evening Randyjaco

Without riding it first it is difficult telling you what to check, or even IF it has an inherent problem.

Do "replace"  the air filter, if it was water soaked at one time it might still look good but not pass enough air. 

Are you getting 100% throttle?

You probably won't get any engine faults on your GS-911 if it runs OK at lower speeds but recording (while riding at high speeds)  then viewing the trapped fueling adaptives, additive trims, & multiplicate trims can tell you a LOT about the fueling control during the problem cruising  speeds.  The new WiFi GS-911's can be set up to trap & retain the riding data as a standalone (you do need a laptop or cell phone to setup the auto-trapping & data you want to trap then to initiate it). 

It also might be a good idea to check your cam timing & check for cam lobe wear. 

Also make sure that your exhaust flap is working properly & not stuck.

Thanks, Oracle,

Cam lobe wear :14: I don't like the sound of that at 4.5k miles.

Being my first throttle by wire, I guess I don't know how to tell if I am getting 100%. The throttle seems to have full travel. 

My GS911 is a Wi-Fi model. It will work with my phone. I will have to read up data trapping. Never tried it before.

I have about a month of Texas riding season left. I was hoping to do some serious maintenance/investigation/fluid change in February. I hope that I can wait that long.

RandyJaco....if you want, we can meet up middle of next week sometime out on 35 or near Rosharon and go side by side.  My 14 pulls very strong up to about 130 and then tapers a bit.  At least it would give you a feel if there is an issue or not.  It will make redline in 6th.

At 5 K and above you should be moving right along no issues.  These bikes like a lot of RPM in the gears to run the way they are made to run.  I am not saying peg 9K but at 4500-5000k it should be hauling the mail. 

All I can think of is too high of gear for the RPM's? 

You can be doing 60 in 1st gear, so if your in too high a gear and low RPM and then open the throttle it will fall flat on it's face.  If it is responding well everywhere else what RPM are you running and what gear when it is anemic?

On 12/29/2021 at 10:26 PM, Skywagon said:

RandyJaco....if you want, we can meet up middle of next week sometime out on 35 or near Rosharon and go side by side.  My 14 pulls very strong up to about 130 and then tapers a bit.  At least it would give you a feel if there is an issue or not.  It will make redline in 6th.

This is a great offer from you to help!  At least he can know if it is just the bikes nature.

I will say I pull a Ton EVERY time I have the bike out.  GPS was 123 at my best.  Now this is a Dyno Tuned bike 17.5 GS with no fairing or side bags on, but with headers and Akra muffler with a PC V giving it fuel.  I have never pegged 6th gear I always run out of road and/or heart.

I can not remember if I pegged my 15 RT in 6th or not?

Let us know what you find if you guys meet up if you would.

• Like 1
On 12/29/2021 at 6:45 PM, Randyjaco said:

Thanks, Oracle,

Cam lobe wear :14: I don't like the sound of that at 4.5k miles.

Being my first throttle by wire, I guess I don't know how to tell if I am getting 100%. The throttle seems to have full travel. 

My GS911 is a Wi-Fi model. It will work with my phone. I will have to read up data trapping. Never tried it before.

I have about a month of Texas riding season left. I was hoping to do some serious maintenance/investigation/fluid change in February. I hope that I can wait that long.

Evening Randyjaco

Your GS-911 should show you throttle percentage. 

You are not riding in rain-mode or other reduced performance mode are you?

FYI…the Houston BMW Club is going to meet at The Spot in Galveston on Sunday for lunch. I can’t make it but might give you a chance to meet some other BMW riders

Thanks but I am already a member :)

I have been running in Dynamic. Other than Rain Mode, what other reduced performance modes are there?

The three modes are Dynamic, Road, and Rain.  It doesn't affect power  It only affects how quickly power is added from the twist grip.  All 3 modes will give you full power.  I leave mine in Road 99% of the time.  In very heavy rain, I'll switch to rain...but that rare.

Well, this morning I pulled out the GS911.

The throttle came out at 96.1%. I presume that that is OK, at least for now, until the DVD's arrive.

The exhaust flap dithered between 51.81% and  52.85 as it warmed up. When I bliped the throttle, it would drop to 10%.

Other than making Greta happy, I have no idea what that flap thing really does or where it should be set.

I did check my spark plugs. They appeared new and on the chocolate side, but the gap was in excess of a millimeter. I ran them back to .8 mm.

I just ordered a K&N filter.

I took the bike out for a spin and things were a little better, but the Wimp is still there. There has never been any missing but I am not feeling the power at that speed. It will exceed 100 in 5th and 6th gears, but the power to get there in 5th is only marginally better. The power between 0 and 90 is acceptable, 90+ still needs work.

Here is to a Happy New year:18:

K&N filters are horrible. They let dust past and into you engine. They flow more cause they are less restrictive. If you oil then properly then they flow the same and the oil can contaminate your mass flow sensors.  Send it back and keep the factory filter.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2
44 minutes ago, Randyjaco said:

The throttle came out at 96.1%. I presume that that is OK, at least for now, until the DVD's arrive.

The exhaust flap dithered between 51.81% and  52.85 as it warmed up. When I bliped the throttle, it would drop to 10%.

Other than making Greta happy, I have no idea what that flap thing really does or where it should be set.

I did check my spark plugs. They appeared new and on the chocolate side, but the gap was in excess of a millimeter. I ran them back to .8 mm.

I took the bike out for a spin and things were a little better, but the Wimp is still there. There has never been any missing but I am not feeling the power at that speed. It will exceed 100 in 5th and 6th gears, but the power to get there in 5th is only marginally better. The power between 0 and 90 is acceptable, 90+ still needs work.

Here is to a Happy New year:18:

Afternoon Randyjaco

Well, 96.1 % on the throttle position is OK if you only want 96.1% of the power.   You might try using your GS-911 to Reset the adaptation values for the throttle valve sensor & Reset the adaptation values for the throttle twistgrip sensor. Then see if you can get 100%.

I always advise to install new park plugs rather than trying to re-gap as the re-gap doesn't electrode wear.

The exhaust flap is mainly a noise emission control device so the motorcycle can pass noise emissions in all places it tis sold. 

A K&N air filter for a street ridden motorcycle sure wouldn't be my personal first choice but they will work OK if properly oiled.  If over oiled they can restrict air flow.

Go to this web site as there is some usable info on using your GS-911 for service  on your BMW motorcycle.   https://www.hexcode.co.za

I posted a question on the GS911 forum on resetting the throttle. We'll see what they say.

Should the current setting on the exhaust flap be OK ?  Those percentages mean nothing to me. Someone mentioned earlier that it could be my problem.

As for the cam chain alignment. I was able to purchase the gauge, but I am going to have to make some unavailable tools before I can deal with that.

Getting this bike dialed in is becoming a major project. But I am retired and have most of the tools to get it done.

Thanks again

37 minutes ago, Randyjaco said:

I posted a question on the GS911 forum on resetting the throttle. We'll see what they say.

Should the current setting on the exhaust flap be OK ?  Those percentages mean nothing to me. Someone mentioned earlier that it could be my problem.

As for the cam chain alignment. I was able to purchase the gauge, but I am going to have to make some unavailable tools before I can deal with that.

Getting this bike dialed in is becoming a major project. But I am retired and have most of the tools to get it done.

Thanks again

Afternoon Randyjaco

Probably the only way to know for sure on that exhaust flap is to set your GS-911 to trap real time data then go ride the motorcycle at wide open throttle to see what the trapped data shows. (or probably my redneck way would be to just disconnect the flap then wire it wide open, then go ride the motorcycle).

• Like 2

The GS-911wifi has a section that lets you test all functions, including the exhaust flap. It will cycle it from closed to fully open. 
You may have to connect the GS-911wifi to a Windows computer to see and use all the service functions of the GS-911wifi. I am not familiar with the phone app. 

50 minutes ago, Bernie said:

The GS-911wifi has a section that lets you test all functions, including the exhaust flap. It will cycle it from closed to fully open. 
You may have to connect the GS-911wifi to a Windows computer to see and use all the service functions of the GS-911wifi. I am not familiar with the phone app. 

Morning Bernie

Most (modern) Android phones allow running service & operational functions as long as you use the internet over WiFi  (web based). The GS-911 does need a WiFi connection to connect to the internet.  In locations that have no WiFi I have used my phone as a WiFi hot-spot to allow the GS-911 to connect to the internet.  

A direct peer to peer using an Android allows most data trapping set ups & some full function testing. (this seems to be getting better with every new GS-911 update & I haven't used this function since the last GS-911 update so have no idea on what is now available. 

I'm not sure on the iPhone connection as I don't have an iPhone. But the WiFi web based part is web based so probably should work as long as there is an iPhone GS-911 app (if there is an iPhone app).

The new WiFi GS-911's have internal memory so can be set up at home (using peer to peer or WiFi connections to trap most actual (on road) data needed then the motorcycle can be ridden while trapping the required data (no cell phone or computer connection needed once the GS-911 is set up & initialized).   

I have a couple of 3' & 4' long extension pig tails for the GS-911 to allow remote connection to both the  BMW round & to the BMW OBDII onboard connectors so I can plug in the longer pig tails then put my GS-911 remotely in a safe cooler place on the motorcycle. It also allows the GS-911 to be lifted higher to give it more WiFi range if needed.

Randyjaco needs to be somewhat heads up when using the GS-911 for function testing as in most cases it shows COMMANDED not actual so the flap could show OK as commanded but not actually fully moving  (figuring out where max open is then watching it move full stroke is advised)

And might I add that even if it works correctly at idle, and the gs911 shows it working at speed, that does not guarantee proper action at speed, hence my suggestion to rig it full open to test, confirmed by DR's earlier suggestion to do the same.

Maybe i'm overly influenced by my own experience with two sets of failed cams in an '18 RT (the first at less than 1000 mi), but I'd be checking the cam lobes for premature wear.

I did another 250 mile ride today. The problem still exists. In fact, I now can tell when the bike hits 93mph without even looking at the speedo:4322:

There is a pronounced hesitation when the bike hits 93 or 90 on the GPS. The bike will pull over 110, but that is normally where I start to shut her down.

18 hours ago, Randyjaco said:

I did another 250 mile ride today. The problem still exists. In fact, I now can tell when the bike hits 93mph without even looking at the speedo:4322:

There is a pronounced hesitation when the bike hits 93 or 90 on the GPS. The bike will pull over 110, but that is normally where I start to shut her down.

Afternoon Randyjaco

That is very strange!

Do you still get the same hesitation at 93mph if running in 5th gear? 

Or at  the same RPM in 5th as at that same RPM in 6th?

How about in 4th gear? Does that make a difference?

The 93mph hesitation happens in 6th gear. I didn't notice it in 5th. I was just riding with a group and didn't want to disrupt it with my experimentation.

The oil level is right where it's supposed to be.

I am still waiting on the new air filter. I didn't want to bother getting to the current filter until I have the new one on hand. I hate dealing with all that Tupperware unless I have to. Next month I will do the whole 6K service. I just turned 5K miles yesterday. I still need to make the chain tensioning tool and I will have the full tool compliment to properly check the valves.

You don't need a chain tensioner to check the valve clearance.  Only need a tensioner to check cam alignment and there is a special tool for that as well.

I have the cam alignment tool. Someone mentioned that my problem might be the cam alignment, so I wanted to get it all taken care of in one shot.

After 40 or so cam alignments on 1200's I never had anyone tell me their top end was different after I did their bikes.

I did resolve a few no first starts by proper cam position sensor alignment.

The TPS at 96% seems a issue to me.

As I said I run my bike, and both the RT, and now the GS outrun my lust for speed with no problems.

As to the cams well if your missing part of the lobes your not going to get top end your not getting max lift or duration so it would be the top end you notice that on.  Others have run on bad cams without even knowing it.  True story and documented many places.  There are guys who don't run these bikes as others do.  I don't trash mine but I do like high speed runs of various duration. And I can never be accused of lugging my bike that is for sure.

I say pull the covers and end the discussion on cams.  It is 3 screws 5 mins tops.  If it is your cams you are only compounding the sludge and issues to your motor by not looking at it .

If your cams are whole then you need to look to the TPS of 96%.  Remember this is all voltage now,  nothing mechanical unless you have a grip cover or something hanging up on your hand-grip.

14 hours ago, Randyjaco said:

The 93mph hesitation happens in 6th gear. I didn't notice it in 5th. I was just riding with a group and didn't want to disrupt it with my experimentation.

The oil level is right where it's supposed to be.

I am still waiting on the new air filter. I didn't want to bother getting to the current filter until I have the new one on hand. I hate dealing with all that Tupperware unless I have to. Next month I will do the whole 6K service. I just turned 5K miles yesterday. I still need to make the chain tensioning tool and I will have the full tool compliment to properly check the valves.

Morning Randyjaco

Did you ever resolve that 96% commanded throttle issue?? If not then you need to try to figure that out. 

Do see if 5th or 4th gear makes a noticable difference. 

I believe the "police" wethead has a top speed limiter that can be dealer implemented but I also believe that is 125mph. 90 mph is pretty low for any type of speed limiter (that won't even keep up with L/H lane rush hour  traffic in my area). Plus you seem to be able to squeeze more than that out of it (electronic speed limitation wouldn't allow that)  

I don't know about the wethead   but usually speed limitation only effects the top 2 gears (5th & 6th).

Let us know if the new air filter makes any difference. -----  On this same note, a couple of years ago I was working on a hexhead & found an orange shop rag covering 3/4 of the air filter surface. The rider of that hexhead never mentioned a top speed issue but I doubt that he ever ran it hard enough to even know. When I questioned him about how that shop rag got in there he went quiet, paused a bit then said Oh, darn,  I forgot about that.  I put that in the air intake snorkel before winter storage to prevent mouse entry then forgot I did that after winter storage. 

Are you running an exceptionally large windscreen? Those can effect top speed. Have you tried lowering your windscreen to see if that puts a little more snap in the 90-135 mph accel?

Will it even run out to 135+mph? That is a good basic power dyno on the BMW boxer bikes (this would probably have been my first test  if I was working on that motorcycle). If you try this remember safety & common sense first & above all else.

I have a 2015 RT.  I've had it up to 138 mph.  I could have gone higher.  But no speed limiter.  I think it's just rev limiter.

I still haven't resolved setting the throttle to 100%. The GS911 forum was no help. If someone knows or can send me a link. I would appreciate the help. I removed the rev limiter completely on my first shot with the GS911. Next time I will probably set the limiter at the red line. If my potential top speed is135, and the problem was the throttle at 96%, I should be having the problem at @129mph not 93.

My windscreen is stock, but I have ordered a big Werks for winter riding. On warmer days I run the windscreen at @75%. I am 5'9", so I don't need a lot of windscreen to prevent buffeting. I haven't noticed a difference up or down, but I agree that at high speed it is pretty much a parachute.

As soon as I get the air filter I will give it a check. I don't think it is the air filter, as when I checked the spark plugs they were pretty normal; no evidence of a rich mixture. But maybe the computer makes the correction for optimum temperature. I am pretty much an old school mechanic and all this computer control mystifies me.  :88:

I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is a bad sensor someplace. Other than the wimpyness in the nineties the bike performs as I think it should. So this whole issue is a bit frustrating.

How does one test the fuel tank vent?

1 hour ago, Randyjaco said:

I still haven't resolved setting the throttle to 100%. The GS911 forum was no help. If someone knows or can send me a link. I would appreciate the help. I removed the rev limiter completely on my first shot with the GS911. Next time I will probably set the limiter at the red line. If my potential top speed is135, and the problem was the throttle at 96%, I should be having the problem at @129mph not 93.

My windscreen is stock, but I have ordered a big Werks for winter riding. On warmer days I run the windscreen at @75%. I am 5'9", so I don't need a lot of windscreen to prevent buffeting. I haven't noticed a difference up or down, but I agree that at high speed it is pretty much a parachute.

As soon as I get the air filter I will give it a check. I don't think it is the air filter, as when I checked the spark plugs they were pretty normal; no evidence of a rich mixture. But maybe the computer makes the correction for optimum temperature. I am pretty much an old school mechanic and all this computer control mystifies me.  :88:

I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is a bad sensor someplace. Other than the wimpyness in the nineties the bike performs as I think it should. So this whole issue is a bit frustrating.

How does one test the fuel tank vent?

Afternoon Randyjaco

I still haven't resolved setting the throttle to 100%. The GS911 forum was no help. If someone knows or can send me a link. I would appreciate the help.-- There should be a function on your GS-911 to reset/calibrate the throttle. I don't have a wethead handy here at the moment to hook my GS-911 to so I can't give you a step by step. Probably find it under Service Functions/Reset Throttle Valve, or Reset Twistgrip  .    (possibly LAF has done one recently & can give you better details)   

I removed the rev limiter completely on my first shot with the GS911. Next time I will probably set the limiter at the red line.-- You don't seem to be running out of RPM's it seems more speed or engine power related (if you can easily get that 90 mph in 5th then it definitely isn't an RPM thing.

If my potential top speed is135, and the problem was the throttle at 96%, I should be having the problem at @129mph not 93.-- No, it isn't linear, there is no good way to directly correlate as the faster you go the more the air drag increases in proportion so it takes one heck of a lot more horsepower to go 135 than to go 125.  When your bike is operating correctly you will see how easy it seems to roll out to 130 & you will think that with the  throttle you have left you will easily be able to hit 150 but it will just quit & go flat way/way before that.    

My windscreen is stock, but I have ordered a big Werks for winter riding. On warmer days I run the windscreen at @75%. I am 5'9", so I don't need a lot of windscreen to prevent buffeting. I haven't noticed a difference up or down, but I agree that at high speed it is pretty much a parachute.-- OK, this doesn't seem to be your issue.

As soon as I get the air filter I will give it a check. I don't think it is the air filter, as when I checked the spark plugs they were pretty normal; no evidence of a rich mixture. But maybe the computer makes the correction for optimum temperature. I am pretty much an old school mechanic and all this computer control mystifies me.-- You probably won't see a plugged filter in your high speed plug readings, & sure won't if you allow it to idle or do a cold start  before reading the plugs.  As long as it is running on the o2 sensors the fueling will be automatically adjusted.    Now if you could run it at that 90 mph wall for about 20 miles on brand new spark plugs then chop the throttle  (no idling)  you might get a useful plug reading but the new computer controlled bikes using no-leaded fuel  run so lean that the plugs will probably look white no matter what. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is a bad sensor someplace. Other than the wimpyness in the nineties the bike performs as I think it should. So this whole issue is a bit frustrating.-- It doesn't sound like an engine sensor as those usually make them run like crap at lower speeds not higher speeds (except the throttle sensor as that is your connection to the throttle plates). Plus your GS-911 should show a failed sensor.

How does one test the fuel tank vent?-- With a full or almost full  fuel tank just ride the bike for about 30-40 miles, then try to open the fuel filler cap in a very quiet area. If it wooshes when opened or is difficult to open that means there is a vacuum in the fuel tank (usually caused by a non functional tank vent or plugged emission evap can. 

On 1/1/2022 at 1:37 PM, Randyjaco said:

I have not looked at the plugs on my 18 but I would expect them to not have any color, perhaps just a very light tan, are you sure both O2 sensors OK?

I would be inclined to replace spark plugs and see how it runs.

If you remove the muffler you can see the exhaust valve working, at idle about a third closed and opens at higher rpms, it is strictly for noise reduction at very low rpms. Mine was sticking open, personally I do not like the extra noise.

Hey. Randyjaco. I’ll be back Sunday. Next Wednesday looks like a clear and 65 degree day. Let’s see if we can get together and see how my bike performs next to yours. For clarity Am I reading it tops out at 93 or just starts accelerating poorly

Hey Skywagon, no it doesn't top out at 93, it just seems to have a hesitation at 93. I have had it to 110 and I am sure it will go higher. It is just the wimpy feeling in the 90's that is driving me nuts.

Well my new OEM air cleaner arrived today so I decided to install it. I watched a video and started the process. The engineers who designed that process must have done post graduate work at the de Sade Institute :87:. There is no reason for that amount of difficulty. To top that off, my bike came with some after market crash bars that don't exactly fit. So, the video wasn't totally accurate, and some workarounds had to be implemented. Imagine my joy when I discovered that my OEM filter didn't fit my bike. :88::87:

I did check out the old filter and it looked like any other filter with only 5k miles on it, I blew it out with compressed air and reinstalled it. So basically I wasted 5 hours and I get to repeat the process when the replacement comes. I guess the upside is that I can check off one more possible cause of the Wimpiness.

You tried turning off all the traction control for giggles?  My GSA will wheelie at 5k in low gear and cause the traction control to engage and pulls hard in all gears to 8k.  Wonder if something is amiss there?

12 hours ago, Randyjaco said:

Well my new OEM air cleaner arrived today so I decided to install it. I watched a video and started the process. The engineers who designed that process must have done post graduate work at the de Sade Institute :87:. There is no reason for that amount of difficulty. To top that off, my bike came with some after market crash bars that don't exactly fit. So, the video wasn't totally accurate, and some workarounds had to be implemented. Imagine my joy when I discovered that my OEM filter didn't fit my bike. :88::87:

I did check out the old filter and it looked like any other filter with only 5k miles on it, I blew it out with compressed air and reinstalled it. So basically I wasted 5 hours and I get to repeat the process when the replacement comes. I guess the upside is that I can check off one more possible cause of the Wimpiness.

Morning   Randyjaco

They aren't designed for service, the main design criteria is function/intake noise mitigation, then ease & speed of initial assembly, then next is packaging concerns that allow the exterior looks they desire.  Some thought might go into service but not a high priority.   

Very interesting discussion. @Randyjaco you never mentioned what motorcycle you are using to compare the performance of your WetHead RT? What model and brand bike did you ride before you bought the RT? 

3 minutes ago, Randyjaco said:

Kawasaki Versys 650

Morning  Randyjaco

Well, it is a little better, but has nowhere near the oomph of my F800ST--  According to your opening post I thought you were comparing to an F800ST.

1 hour ago, Bernie said:

Very interesting discussion. @Randyjaco you never mentioned what motorcycle you are using to compare the performance of your WetHead RT? What model and brand bike did you ride before you bought the RT? 

Oh, just this little old thing. :spittake:

image.jpeg.6edcd1330ecea2c7169e9079a2348a39.jpeg

Got nothing to add except maybe a chuckle. :)

It does seem weird if something was wrong with the bike, you wouldn’t have issues at other speeds. Stranger things have happened though I guess. :dontknow:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 1/8/2022 at 12:09 PM, Hosstage said:

As DR asked earlier, does this happen in 5th gear as well, or 4th gear?

Yeah, I took it out yesterday and at 6k rpms in fifth gear I got the same bobble that I got at 93 in sixth. I ran out of road to check but I will bet that 93 in 6th is right at 6k rpms?

43 minutes ago, Randyjaco said:

Yeah, I took it out yesterday and at 6k rpms in fifth gear I got the same bobble that I got at 93 in sixth. I ran out of road to check but I will bet that 93 in 6th is right at 6k rpms?

What speed were you traveling at 6000 rpm in 5th gear?

1 hour ago, Randyjaco said:

Afternoon Randyjaco

Ok that seems to point to an RPM thing rather than a speed thing so maybe throttle position or fueling control. 

Now set your GS-911 up to trap riding data then we can look at the 6K fueling & spark control data to see if something in the data stream changes as it nears that 6K RPM mark.  

On 1/12/2022 at 7:01 AM, dirtrider said:

Morning  Randyjaco

Well, it is a little better, but has nowhere near the oomph of my F800ST--  According to your opening post I thought you were comparing to an F800ST.

Yes, I was comparing it to my RT. I misread  his question and thought he was asking about what I had prior to that. But even the Versys had more oomph at that speed.

Edited by Randyjaco
misspelling

RandyJaco....today in 4th gear I saw 110, not redlined, and pulling hard.  Thats as far as I could go given the space.  You should be able to accelerate hard through 93 in 4th.  Sounds like from all your post though you have some glitch happening.  Just giving you this data as a reference point.