IGNORED

Hill Country Hangout 2022 - Kerrville, Texas - April 1-3

jusbille

Please join us at the Kerrville-Schreiner City Park in Kerrville, TX,  April 1st - 3rd for a couple of days of beautiful springtime in the Texas Hill Country. The rally site is on the hill side of the park. The rally camping will be in the Fawn Hide-a-Way loop; dining hall and mini-cabins in the Midway Mini-Cabin loop. The GPS coordinates for the entrance to the Park at State Park Rd 19 and FM 173 are 30.011739, -99.122925. Note that this is NOT the same as the entrance to the river side of the park which is on the opposite side of FM 173. Rally Check In opens at noon in the dining hall in the Midway Mini-Cabin Loop on April 1st. The HCH 2022 is a rain or shine event.

Rally fee of $40 includes 2 nights tent camping, Friday and Saturday night dinner, poker run (with additional $5 entry fee) on Saturday, and door prizes and awards Saturday night. In addition, you are situated in the middle of some of the best riding in Central Texas, just minutes from Hwy 16 and the Three Sisters.

Rally Accommodations

Camping – tent site included in rally fee. Fawn loop sites #45-#65. Sites have tables, plenty of trees and there is water available nearby. This is a tent only area. There is a rest room with showers in the Fawn Hide-a-Way Loop.

Cabins – For an additional fee there are a limited number of cabins available (Midway Mini cabins 17-23) situated around rally central. Each has sleeping for 4 (2 bunkbeds), tables, chairs, electrical outlets, heating and AC. Cabins are FCFS, so don’t delay.

RV – Note: RV’s are not allowed in the rally camping area - there are RV sites available in the park in nearby loops. These sites must be reserved and paid for through the park. You can see availability and reserve here https://registerb.parksreconline.com/wbwsc/kerrville.wsc/wbsplash.html?ccode=TXKER

Hotels – There are numerous hotels/motels in nearby Kerrville. Here’s a link to a listing http://www.kerrvilletexascvb.com/businesses/accommodations

Online registration begins January 1st to March 25th - $40 per person - through the link sabmwra.org/hch2022 .  After March 25th - $50 onsite by cash or check only.

For more information or to register go to our website, WWW.SABMWRA.ORG and click on the rally page.  General questions can be directed to Mike Makowski [makowski.michael@gmail.com] or Bill Edwards [edwardsw@gvtc.com].

**** Advanced registration of $40 ends March 25th. Registration after that time is onsite only and is $50 at the gate, cash or check only. We look forward to seeing you in Kerrville! The HCH 2022 is a rain or shine event.****

** Advanced registration of $40 ends March 25th. Registration after that time is onsite only and is $50 at the gate, cash or check only. We look forward to seeing you in Kerrville! The HCH 2022 is a rain or shine event.**

• 3 weeks later...

Registration is open!

Friday / Saturday evening meal

50 / 50 drawing

Poker Run

Door Prizes

Texas Wildflowers

3 Sisters

Cabins available

Hill Country Wineries
Winery Tours
Ride the Famed 3 Sisters
Visit the Alamo
Ride / Win the Cash Prize Poker Run

The Hill Country Hangout
April 1 - 3, 2022
Kerrville-Schreiner Park

Register Here!
https://bmwmoaf.givingfuel.com/hch2022register
https://bmwmoaf.givingfuel.com/hch2022register
Plenty of camping sites! Rather not Camp? Book a cabin!

Lots of hotels / motels in the area:
http://www.kerrvilletexascvb.com/businesses/accommodations
http://www.kerrvilletexascvb.com/businesses/accommodations

Looking forward to traveling some roads I've never ridden during the 2022 Hill Country Hang Out Poker Run. (And maybe winning some $$$$?) Lots of old German immigrant homesteads along the roads in the Texas Hill Country like the one on Old San Antonio Road in this pic, one of my many favorites.

OSR04cropped.jpg

On 1/10/2022 at 12:46 PM, jusbille said:

Some great roads here in the area!  Some will let you wind it up a bit.  We're not talking interstate slabs either!

image.thumb.png.d3722ced2d2e2b03e8239ecf4db1f984.png

image.thumb.png.6884315c1d21ed69a6cdedc83b919f83.png

Love that sign warning curves ahead, slow to 65mph! My kind of road, and I want a sign like that for the garage.

• Like 1

I was through the area in May of 2021 on my way west.  Beautiful country and roads so I spent 2 days riding there before heading for New Mexico.  I did notice however, that almost every pickup had a huge deer catching bumper assembly.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:15 AM, walton66 said:

I was through the area in May of 2021 on my way west.  Beautiful country and roads so I spent 2 days riding there before heading for New Mexico.  I did notice however, that almost every pickup had a huge deer catching bumper assembly.

Those bumper assemblies aren't just for decoration; the area is infested by deer.

Is anyone coming from Colorado or maybe Utah?  I'm thinking about it and would like to hook-up with someone for the ride down from COS.

The tent camping sites at Kerrville-Schreiner park are outstanding -- no hardpacked dirt tent pads. Flat, grassy areas with lots of shade trees. Charcoal grills and fire pits at each site. Running water nearby. Restroom and shower facility within easy walking distance of each site. Room for 2 or 3 tents per site to accommodate small groups traveling together. You won't find a nicer camping venue. I took this pic the last time I was up there at the park.

HCH Campsite.jpg

Great roads, beautiful scenery, and lotsa history....................
Good Eats & Watering Holes too!

Dodging Duck in Boerne

1076518312_DodgingDuck.png.679c950965b4533ddd25f5c0320d93a9.png

Alamo Springs cafe near Fredericksburg on Old # 9

513831065_AlamoSpringsCafe.thumb.png.80e5ce07ed1df0240d55b42a5c8db68f.pngAlA

Pint & Plow in Kerrville

496775834_PintPlow.png.773c31d5bb60890985986083f02277f6.png

Camp Verde General Store and Restaurant in Camp Verde

1164898876_CampVerdeGS.thumb.png.5651c2a04c73a69cffd27d5c7a0ab5d1.png

Tusculum Brewer in Boerne

376696990_Tusculum.png.ff28c7fa7e5097e1901bd97d1844b9bb.png

Cafe at the Ridge, north of Kerrville on FM783

1577838389_CafeattheRidge.png.28cdd628f628e23aa8e55fed3ccb4d7c.png

Rough. Diamond Brewery, Spring Branch/cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,onerror=redirect,width=1920,height=1920,fit=scale-down/https://www.r1200gs.info/attachments/roygh-diamond-png.32016/

989557566_RoyghDiamond.png.0c3b0fe7608f8fe6498d64d48a35e548.png

On 1/11/2022 at 2:22 PM, twilmotte said:

Looking forward to traveling some roads I've never ridden during the 2022 Hill Country Hang Out Poker Run. (And maybe winning some $$$$?) Lots of old German immigrant homesteads along the roads in the Texas Hill Country like the one on Old San Antonio Road in this pic, one of my many favorites.

OSR04cropped.jpg

I prefer that road driving north from RR 473 where it is known as Old Number Nine.

The Poker Run at the 2022 Hill Country Hangout

IMG_1436.thumb.jpeg.4413c658644dedf85a9b90b1910e4612.jpeg

We have anted up!!

Our Poker Run will include a number of very rural roads that have little traffic. The window to complete the Poker Run will probably be from 9AM until 4PM. It's 122 miles long and will take approximately 2.5 to 3 hours to complete. For those not familiar with Poker Runs, our version will work something like this: You’ll be given a written sheet with riding directions from the starting point in the park to the finish at the same location. Along the route you’ll be asked to collect answers to specific questions about places on the route or simply take pictures of the same that answer the questions. For every correct answer or picture, once you return to the scorer’s table, you’ll be able to draw a card from a standard deck of 52 cards up to a max of 7 cards if you get all the selected answers / pictures. There will also be a bonus question and if you get all the correct answers and the bonus, you’ll be eligible to draw an 8th card to make the best 5 card hand you can. The best 5 card hand wins the pot. The pot will be seeded with a $100 bill to get the contest going. All entries will be required to ante $5 to that pot and the pot builds from there. So, the more entries, the bigger the pot! 

A scoring summary follows:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poker Run Scoring
7 Card Stud
Best 5 Card Hand Wins

The Pot starts with a $100 bill. Each entrant will have to ante $5 to compete. The total pot value to the winner will be the sum of the $100 and each $5 entry.

There are 10 possible bonus items / locations on this Poker Run. Simply answer each question (marked by an X) about the item / location on your route instruction sheet OR take a photo of the item / location - either is acceptable, but a photo is preferred. When you return to the scorer’s table you will draw a playing card for each bonus you successfully record up to a maximum of 7 cards, whether you answer the question about the bonus or simply take a photo. If you only successfully record 4 items / locations correctly, you will only be able to draw 4 cards; 5 correct submissions will net you 5 cards; 6 = 6 cards, and so on up to a full draw of 7 cards for 7 correct bonus submissions.

If you successfully net ALL 10 of the bonus locations AND you can accurately submit the exact number of XXXXXXXXXX you encounter on the entire route, you are eligible to draw an 8th card from which you can choose your best 5 card hand.

There is no reason for you to have to dismount your motorcycle to either record your answer or take a photo. Most of these locations allow a sufficient off road / right of way area for you to record your answer or take your photo.

Most of these roads are country back roads, Farm to Market Roads, Ranch Roads, or tertiary roads, and have very little traffic, but farming / ranching equipment may be in use on some of them. It’s a very beautiful route with lots of curves and hills and changing scenery / topography. 

Have Fun and ride Safely!!

The Hill Country Hangout is a great "family friendly" camping rally -- so bring your favorite pillion and beverages. With evening meals included on Fri and Sat nights as part of the $40 rally registration fee, all you'll need to do is either fix your own breakfast and lunch at your camp site or chow down in any of the many fine restaurants in nearby Kerrville.

Camping5.thumb.JPG.785190a3a2a0ae6b760985fd94856538.JPG

• 1 month later...

image.thumb.png.eabfca052c4c6ce560e34af819aab8e4.png

The deadline, March 25th, for on line early registration is quickly approaching. Don’t miss out! After March 25th, registration will be on site, $50 cash or check only.

Door Prizes / Gift Certificates / Grand Prizes from the following:

Alamo BMW
Baxley Companies - The “LA Chock”
Sargent Cycle Products
Warm & Safe Heated Gear
Destination Cycles
BMW MOA

Poker Run - with $100 seed money! Entrants pay $5 entry fee and Pot grows from there. Winner take all! The more entrants, the bigger the Pot grows! Start any time after 9:00 AM Saturday morning. Finish at 4:00 PM or before. 122 miles of Texas back roads - 2.5 to 3 hours.

50 / 50 Drawing - $20 for a “wing span”, $10 for a half wing span, or $1 per ticket. Half to the winner, half to SABMWRA.

Flea Market - incredible prices on some amazing motorcycle products. A “must see” feature.

Register here!
Club_SABMWRA_Hill Country Hangout 2022