IGNORED

Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello

RandyShields

Good looking bike. I've had several Guzzi's from the 70's and 80's, they're an acquired taste but can be addictive if you like them. Still have one of these in the stable.

DSC_0010-vi.jpg

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1

Not a bad looking bike.   If someone threw me the key fob, I would keep it.   My next bike needs to venture off the beaten path a little more.  

There aren't many and of those some are still old school shops similar to BMW dealers in the 70's/early 80's when there were only airheads. Aprilia bought Moto Guzzi in the late 90's/early 2000's and Piaggio bought both along with Vespa sometime later. The 70's and 80's bikes are interesting and have a great feel when you're riding them, obviously not high performance but plenty of usable grunt if you need it, kind of like a cross between a Harley and an Airhead. I'm just glad someone rescued them with the resources to bring them up to modern standards. They were founded about the same time as BMW just after WWI and have been around for 100 years, not many motorcycle companies can say that.  

https://www.motoguzzi.com/us_EN/dealer-locator/?f=all  

• Like 2
11 hours ago, roadscholar said:

There aren't many and of those some are still old school shops similar to BMW dealers in the 70's/early 80's when there were only airheads.

A-J Cycle out in Gill Mass is one of those throwbacks. He sold BMW up until a few years ago when I guess, BMW wanted too much from him (go big or go home). I kind of respect that screw you attitude! Neat old shop. 

AF1QipOpRlE6r1Xgp-fkw2A6h83B7SRz8_7VBK50

• Like 1
On 11/25/2021 at 10:35 PM, fatbob said:

I’ve put 70K on t

my 2007 Norge.   She’s been a great bike.    
the new 1000 Mandelo looks a lot like the sport touring Norge.   

43977221-2ADE-4AF9-8170-0350A64BB867.jpeg

beautiful bikes

• 7 months later...

I always thought they were a beautiful, sexy looking bike but low on power and lacking dealer availability – worse than available BMW dealers.  I could definitely be a player for the right Guzzi with the right support network.

• Like 2
On 11/25/2021 at 10:35 PM, fatbob said:

I’ve put 70K on t

my 2007 Norge.   She’s been a great bike.    
the new 1000 Mandelo looks a lot like the sport touring Norge.   

43977221-2ADE-4AF9-8170-0350A64BB867.jpeg

Is that Libby Dam in the background?