IGNORED

Justice

Bud

An unfortunate end to a road rage incident. 

It's always good to consider that one may be sharing the road with an ax-murderer or a wife-beater. Ask oneself- what if? It is best to stay calm.

I think 6 years in prison (3 years with good behaviour) will give him time to contemplate. 

But if it was my child he had killed ..........

• Like 1

I have to admit that I occasionally get pissed off at the antics of others on the road. But, this sort of entanglement is exactly why I just let it pass. 

Particularly on a motorcycle…where physics are not always your friend.

I used to want  twin .50 caliber machine guns mounted on the hood of my truck, but these days I would prefer to have an EMP device that would disable the offending vehicle.   Wouldn't that be nice.  :yes:

As I circumnavigate the highways and bi-ways around Atlanta in a big truck, I see a lot of aggression.  A lot.  Sometimes it gets me involved, but I cannot do anything about it if it is directed to me; I am in my rolling billboard with company logo on it.  :whistle:   Believe me, sometimes I want  to retaliate.  On the bike, however, I just move on.  I know enough about physics to stay healthy, if you know what I mean - and I think you do!

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, Mike said:

I have to admit that I occasionally get pissed off at the antics of others on the road. But, this sort of entanglement is exactly why I just let it pass. 

Particularly on a motorcycle…where physics are not always your friend.

"A pregnant Florida woman died after a motorcyclist whom she intentionally hit with her car shot her last week, cops said.

Sara Nicole Morales started the road rage incident when she struck Andrew Derr, 40, with her car on purpose while making a turn last week, according to the Orange City Police Department."

https://nypost.com/2021/11/28/pregnant-florida-woman-sara-morales-shot-dead-by-motorcyclist-she-hit-with-her-car/

In GA the middle digit "universal symbol of ill will" is itself legally considered road rage and you can be arrested and prosecuted for it.

An attorney told a seminar I was in a year ago that we do not have a "Justice System", that it was a misnomer.  He said what we actually have is a "Legal System" and that depends on what you can prove happened.  Keep that in mind and your dash cam ON.

9 hours ago, Lowndes said:

In GA the middle digit "universal symbol of ill will" is itself legally considered road rage and you can be arrested and prosecuted for it.

An attorney told a seminar I was in a year ago that we do not have a "Justice System", that it was a misnomer.  He said what we actually have is a "Legal System" and that depends on what you can prove happened.  Keep that in mind and your dash cam ON.

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2

Working in Telcom for so many years I learned early on that driving a company vehicle with a big bell symbol on the door brought about strange situations. At first I thought it was just my imagination but over time it became quite clear. Constantly being brake checked, on merging lanes acting like they were going but stopping last second with no traffic to stop for. People seemed to see a big $ sign instead of a bell. 40 years of driving and I was very lucky to not have any accidents. 

• Confused 1

I also drive a rolling billboard for the last 30 years, a total different mindset while driving the work van as opposed to the car or bike. No retaliation driving, no giving the finger. Now the van has vehicle tracking, with our driving score sent to us every month. I really didn't change my driving habits much, other than checking my speed more often.

No speed check in the car or bike, so speed on little racer, speed on!

• Like 2