Jump to content

EV14 Injector Kit Sale


Lowndes

Recommended Posts

I saw that Injector Rehab is running their Annual Black Friday 15% Off Sale until Sunday, Nov 28, 2021, on the EV14 Injector Upgrade Kits for 1100xx and 1150xx oilheads.  

These links say for the 1100GS and 1150GS but that's a typo, the sites explain it.  These kits include new injectors that have been flow tested and matched.

 

https://injector-rehab.com/product/1200gs-injector-upgrade-adapter-kit-for-1100gs-new-injectors-included/

 

https://injector-rehab.com/product/1200gs-injector-upgrade-adapter-kit-for-1150-gs-1100s-new-injectors-included/

 

Injector Rehab is in Blackwood, NJ, and is owned and run by Keith Gibbons who knows a few things about fuel injection, is VERY helpful, and is a good guy, too.

 

For those that are considering this simple, plug-and-play upgrade, all you need is one eye, half sense, and a hex key.  Heck, I don't even qualify but managed to do it on the RT and S, even managed to do it on the old K where it's technically not possible but did it anyway.

 

 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, BABABeemer said:

Will these work with a Techlusion or AF-XiED?

 

Yes, they will. 

 

I have these installed with AF-XIED's on three different bikes, R1100S, R1100RT, and a K1200RS.  The difference is - 1) spray pattern, the OEM injectors are old design, one-hole units that make a "squirt" of fuel, and 2) reaction time - the EV14's are faster (smaller, lighter valve components react quicker).

 

The EV14's are newer, smaller, faster acting, four-hole injectors that produce a "mist" of fuel into the intake - much finer droplets, better burn.  If there is any difference in the amount of fuel one type delivers compared to another, the O2 sensor will signal the ECU to correct it.  The AF-XIED just alters the O2 signal to make any injector deliver a tiny bit more fuel to get the air/fuel ratio (closer) to optimum.  

 

It's easy to see the difference yourself.  Pull an injector out of the TB, leave the fuel line and electrical plug connected, put the tip of the injector in a clear bottle (glass or plastic - pop bottles work well), and press the starter button.  You will see the spray patterns in the bottle.  Just don't burn anything down.  NO flames or sparks.

 

EV14 injector spray ports and with adapter:

image.png.43ebfa0bc29f21a0b913b3d69680a4e2.png   image.png.94d12f85423b6a9bcd0486eda7f553b6.png

 

OEM injector on the '99 R1100RT:

 

image.png.9a24f8182b88c4ffabe714c24717f006.png

 

image.png.25d404655bb62906f257b2cb0ba3a2a9.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
21 hours ago, BABABeemer said:

Will these work with a Techlusion or AF-XiED?

I had an AF-XIED installed prior and it's function hasn't changed.  Immediate noticeable result after installation of the injectors was a smoothing out of the off/on throttle transition, much less abrupt.

 

Frank

  • Like 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Miguel! said:

Ok. What are benefits of doing this? What are the downsides? Thanks!! Happy TG. Miguel

I don't think there are any downsides.  Fuel mileage might improve slightly.  The single most noticeable change on my bike was the off/on throttle transition.  The original injectors would abruptly turn "on" when cracking the throttle to accelerate making the transition abrupt.  Not a help when you are trying to be smooth.  The downside on my bike (R1100S) with a Remus system is that it lost a lot of the popping, farting, crackling that I liked to hear, call it "character".

 

Frank

Link to comment
21 hours ago, Miguel! said:

Ok. What are benefits of doing this? What are the downsides? Thanks!! Happy TG. Miguel

 

The benefits are all around better performance, and, if your injectors weren't matched (have the same fuel flow at all flow rates) much smoother idle.

 

The downside is that you will be $150 - $200 lighter.

 

 

Link to comment
55 minutes ago, duckbubbles said:

I don't think there are any downsides.  Fuel mileage might improve slightly.  The single most noticeable change on my bike was the off/on throttle transition.  The original injectors would abruptly turn "on" when cracking the throttle to accelerate making the transition abrupt.  Not a help when you are trying to be smooth.  The downside on my bike (R1100S) with a Remus system is that it lost a lot of the popping, farting, crackling that I liked to hear, call it "character".

 

Frank

Thanks Duck. Did they improve the on/off throttle transition? I wouldn't expect it to but thought I'd ask. Thanks. Miguel .

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

 

The benefits are all around better performance, and, if your injectors weren't matched (have the same fuel flow at all flow rates) much smoother idle.

 

The downside is that you will be $150 - $200 lighter.

 

 

Thanks Lowndes. When you say "performance", I presume you mean acceleration and torque. I'm not unhappy with my R11RT's performance but it's always fun to get a bit more. Did you have to adjust/resync throttle bodies and/or reset the ECU by removing the fuse? Thanks! Miguel

Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Miguel! said:

Thanks Lowndes. When you say "performance", I presume you mean acceleration and torque. I'm not unhappy with my R11RT's performance but it's always fun to get a bit more. Did you have to adjust/resync throttle bodies and/or reset the ECU by removing the fuse? Thanks! Miguel

I don't think there is any improvement in full throttle performance, but part throttle is smoother and crisper without being snatchy.

There isn't any need to synch throttles or re-learn for the computer.  I synched the throttles just because I am like that and it's easy on the S. 

If you are happy with what your bike is doing, the upgrade would probably not do much for you, but you'll never know for sure unless you go for it.

I was just riding around the issues on my bike and really didn't realize the improvement until I installed them.  I do recommend this, especially if you have big miles on your system.  My S had only 19,000 miles on it when I did the swap and there was definite improvement.  It's your money, though.  I was in the mood to throw some cash at the bike and it turned out great.

 

Frank

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...