IGNORED

Cedar Key Lunch 2022

This years event will be on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at The Tipsy Cow Bar & Grill, which is the restaurant upstairs. They open at 11:30 AM.

Normally @tallman and @Kinsley used to organize this event, but both are absent from the forum and I think it is a great event that should continue in future.

So dust of your bikes and join me (Bernie) and others for lunch at the sea side.

PS: if you and your friends think you can make it , leave me a post here, so I can warn the restaurant about the invasion. :4617:

As for local motels for over night stays, check the posting in the calendar section for more information.

Cedar Key XVI 2020 Post with lots of information

Edited by Bernie
Added a link to previous event
  • Like 4
13 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

That's about a 2700 mile trip for me.......:dontknow:

I guess you better plan for a overnight stay or two. But it will definitely be a change of scenery!

That it would! We are supposed to get our first snow in Spokane this afternoon/tonight.......... so if I could get away, I couldn't get back till spring.:5146:

52 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

That it would! We are supposed to get our first snow in Spokane this afternoon/tonight.......... so if I could get away, I couldn't get back till spring.:5146:

Were you spared the rain from W WA & BC?

3 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Leave now and you won't have to shovel anything all winter!!  Plus, you can ride all year long down heah.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations on overnight accomodations in Cedar Key, either hotel, motel, camping, air bnb??  

Considering a Fir nite and Sat nite stay, just to make sure.

7 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations on overnight accomodations in Cedar Key, either hotel, motel, camping, air bnb??  

Personally I have never stayed in Cedar Key, FL overnight.

Kinsley and @tallman used to stay the weekend.

There are several small Motels and B-B places.

Also Gainesville is only a short ride away.

AirBnb has this information: AirBnb in Cedar Key, FL

Visit Florida Guide

Google Maps will make a few more suggestions.

Kinsley made the following suggestions a couple years ago, of course I don't know what is open due to Covid-19:

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Lowndes said:

farawayinn.com.  352-543-5330. I stayed there with Tall Man and Kinsley and it's walking distance from the "downtown" area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I forgot about my previous post, but I have calculated and decided to go.  Fresh tires, good fuel, so no excuse.   :bike:   Hopefully, ride down on Friday with a few folks and ride back on Sunday.

IN!!    See y'all there.

• Like 3

If the weather cooperates, I'm planning to go.  Today's the first day in 11 days that turned the corner on pneumonia....don't want that again in January. :4617:

On 11/18/2021 at 9:05 AM, 9Mary7 said:

That's about a 2700 mile trip for me.......:dontknow:

Well, it's WARMER there, so maybe we should go.  🤣🤣🤣🤣

(I was actually thinking about leaving my bike in Sacramento at my son's house, or down in San Diego County, at a buddies house, and then fly out a couple of times in the winter for riding.  However, either way, the edges of the tires would end up being bald, cause neither my son or my buddy would be shy about putting miles on it, "just to keep it running well" during storage. 😏  Maybe next winter.)

• Smile 1
On 11/18/2021 at 9:23 AM, 9Mary7 said:

You're retired, right?  How is that a problem?  It sounds more like a SOLUTION ... to NW winter.  Ride the SW/SE USA for three months ...  :18:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BamaJohn said:

If the weather cooperates, I'm planning to go.  Today's the first day in 11 days that turned the corner on pneumonia....don't want that again in January. :4617:

I hope you feel better soon. You could always bring the camper. Plenty of places to pitch a camp along the Gulf.

A little warm sun would probably help also. 

• Plus 1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like we should have a nice turn out. Especially if the weather cooperates.

On Facebook, I have also received a few commitments and a few “interested” remarks.

I guess, I better give the restaurant a call and let them know about the planed invasion. :4323:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like the weather will be "acceptable" on Saturday in Cedar Key.  Doesn't matter, I'M GOING ANYWAY!!

50° F, breezy, 22% chance precip.  It's better than where I would be.

See y'all there!!

SAFE travels, everyone!!

image.thumb.png.e93dbe8ed209145dfc91fae05e292803.png

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Slumgullion said:

on site at the Beach Front, beer in the frig for drop in guests. See yall at Tipsy on Saturday.

Roger is at Steamers looking for some company. Find him on Facebook..

Bernie your left driving light is aimed high,  blinding, passed you awhile ago on SR 13 in the 318. Yeah I hit the high beams : )

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, roadscholar said:

Bernie your left driving light is aimed high,  blinding, passed you awhile ago on SR 13 in the 318. Yeah I hit the high beams : )

OK, I will adjust it. Thanks.

• Smile 1

59E14E61-454B-4AF9-901D-8515AECC4224.thumb.jpeg.cd9e68aa52cff0f4c0dca160955756a9.jpegThank you everyone that came despite the bad weather.

I hope some of you can make the February SECFF lunch and hopefully it will be a little warmer.

BAB2A30F-5779-48C7-9F92-28C8E94A2043.jpeg
I stopped for gas outside of Chiefland. While enjoying some hot coffee, this ostrich wanted also something warm. 
EE960BF8-CE2C-4AAA-8864-8FC759D3182E.thumb.jpeg.8469e16594af6eb740a69543f85467ad.jpeg

• Like 5
On 11/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, Bernie said:

This years event will be on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at The Tipsy Cow Bar & Grill, which is the restaurant upstairs. They open at 11:30 AM.

Normally @tallman and @Kinsley used to organize this event, but both are absent from the forum and I think it is a great event that should continue in future.

So dust of your bikes and join me (Bernie) and others for lunch at the sea side.

PS: if you and your friends think you can make it , leave me a post here, so I can warn the restaurant about the invasion. :4617:

As for local motels for over night stays, check the posting in the calendar section for more information.

Cedar Key XVI 2020 Post with lots of information

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0659_1 copy.jpg

• Like 6