IGNORED

Nancy May

Twisties

Nancy was known to many of us, and a wonderful friend.  She passed on Sunday the 7th of November, 2021.  Her board name was @gottago.  She rode with husband Gary, who survives her.  For the longest time, only she had a BMWST account, but Gary finally made one a few years ago.  For the life of me I can't think of Gary's board name, so no tag.  Son Jason also rides and is on the board.  All three were fixtures at Torrey and/or west coast events.   

Nancy was in the So. Cal. area when she joined the board in 2005.  Eventually, she and Gary moved to Brookings, OR.  @Tank (Bill Iffert) already lived there, and they became close friends.  Eventually, @Bullett (Sharon Eblen) and I also moved to Brookings.  We rode with Nancy, Gary, Bill and sometimes Jason and his wife Simone for several years.  We had dinner out together, along with Nancy and Gary's best friends Chris and Richard nearly every Tuesday.  Eventually, Nancy rode less, and a few years ago sold her bike.  Sharon and I moved back to the intermountain west, and hadn't realized her health had taken a turn.  

She passed with Gary and Jason at her side.  

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear. I met her at one of the rallies, maybe Little Switzerland…:dontknow: A very nice person I remember. Think, but not sure Gary’s board name was something like Garr…

2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Sorry to hear. I met her at one of the rallies, maybe Little Switzerland…:dontknow: A very nice person I remember. Think, but not sure Gary’s board name was something like Garr…

I believe his board name is @gsgar

• Like 1

Oh, this makes me so sad… she and Gary generously hosted me and my Rose dog when I was on my sabbatical.  I met them at your place that night and they welcomed a total stranger and her furry beast into their home …. My thoughts are with all her friends and loved ones.  

Very sorry to hear that - I didn’t know Nancy well at all, but you wouldn’t know that from the way she treated us; she was such a sweetheart. :(

Best thoughts to Gary and the rest of her family from all of our family. Too many sad faces for one day :(

• 2 weeks later...

Had the pleasure of riding part of the way home from Torrey years ago with Gar, Nancy, Bill, Jan, Sharon. That was a great group.

So sorry to hear of her passing. 

Regards to Gar and family.

MB.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I called Gary the other day to express my sympathy and as luck would have it he told me it was their anniversary (so he was not having the best day for obvious reasons). Sad as it was I am happy to report we ended up talking for over an hour and had a few good laughs along the way. Nancy was his soul mate and I am so sorry she is gone......they were truly made for each other.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Sad news.

I enjoyed her contributions to the board. She brought a positive energy that will be missed.

Our condolences to Gary.