IGNORED

BMW I-ABS Whizzy Brake Poll

desmotimes

Status of your power-assisted I-ABS “whizzy brakes” on your BMW?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is the current status of your power-assisted ABS brakes on your BMW?

• Original equipment functioning as intended
    • Replaced servo pump and still functioning as intended
    • Deleted power-assisted whizzy-brake setup in favor of standard brakes.
    • I’m not sure what kind of brakes are on my model but they seem to work fine.
    • I crashed and died so not sure if the power-assisted whizzy brakes failed i did something wrong.

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, desmotimes said:

Poll for those of you with older I-ABS power-assisted systems.

What about riders with multiple 1150 motorcycles? Some of us can click multiple categories if available. 

Is your poll for currently owned/ridden 1150 bikes or all current & past owned? 

4 hours ago, desmotimes said:

Fairly self explanatory gathering info on functioning status of the older ABS models 

Sorry pal, but it isn't self explanatory.

I suppose the better question is...what is the motivation behind this poll? Seems like an odd question to me. :)

On 11/15/2021 at 5:09 AM, desmotimes said:

current or past. most owners can't afford multiple BMWs so just pick your one if you're that fortunate. 

I don’t think that’s necessarily true - many folks here own multiple new-ish bikes, and you’re talking about older bikes that are not currently expensive. Add to that you are talking to a group largely made up of serial bmw owners, so even if they didn’t have multiple at once they may have owned a few or several sequentially. 

6 hours ago, desmotimes said:

Fairly self explanatory gathering info on functioning status of the older ABS models 

If you want the CURRENT status, as indicated on your poll, it won’t do you much good to know what people did with bikes from their past.